cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Standards to be followed while developing a smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am preparing a document on " Standards to be followed while developing a smartform" for my company. Could anyone send documents related to my subject or guide me where can I find one, it will be very helpful for me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabu,

You can try something like this.

Layout Sets:

Layout sets may have names up to 30 characters in length, using the format

Zx(2-30)

Example: ZNEWLAYOUT –New layout is the layout set name.

If you copy a standard layout set, insert a ‘Z’ as the first character .If the standard layout set already has 30 characters replace the first character with ‘Z’.

Styles:

Style may have names up to 30 characters in length, using the format

Zx(2-30).

Example: ZSTYLE.

If you copy a standard layout set, insert a ‘Z’ as the first character .If the standard layout set already has 30 characters replace the first character with ‘Z’.

Standard Text ID’s:

Standard text ID’s may have name up to 4 character’s in length using the format

Znnn.

Example: ZTXH.

If you copy a standard layout set, insert a ‘Z’ as the first character .If the standard layout set already has 4 characters replace the first character with ‘Z’.

Standard Text Names:

Standard text names may have names up to 32 characters in length using the format Zx(2-32).

Example: ZSTANDARDTEXT.

If you copy a SAP standard text name, insert a ‘Z’ as the first character .If the SAP standard text name set already has 32 characters replace the first character with ‘Z’.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following are the Important points for developing the Smart forms which can be made as check list :

1. Need to know the Attributes of Smartform like : Page format (DINA A4..), Font size, Font type.

2. Standard print program is available?.

3. No of pages involved -- Meaning is the layout contains different page format.

Like Header page and separate item page.

4. If logo need to be printed then is Logo available in SAP. If not LOGO file need to get from client.

5. Is the format of layout given. Meaning what text where need to be printed.

6. Is the Layout configuration will be done by client if not then transations for configuring the Output type has to be findout.

7. Retrival logic for printing the data is clearly mentioned?

8. Lengths of smartform, styles, standard text names.

9.If any 3rd party is used for printing then need to check whether it supports smartforms or not?

10. Need to know the printer.

Br,

Laxmi.Suryadevara