cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change order assignment from one WBS to another in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS experts,

One of my user has created a Capital Project with multiple WBS for it. There is a capital PM order assigned to one of the WBS and order is currently Closed(CLSD). Later user has realised that there should be no order assigned to that specfic WBS and we need to change the order assignment from that WBS to another one. What is the best way to do it. Pls help and let me know if you need further details on this.Below is an example to explain the issue in details.

Project AB.0100

WBS   AB.0100.01              Level1

WBS   AB.0100.01.01          Level2                         Order is assigned here

WBS   AB.0100.01.01.01     Level3

WBS   AB.0100.01.01.02     Level3

WBS   AB.0100.01.02          Level2

WBS   AB.0100.01.02.01     Level3

WBS   AB.0100.01.02.02     Level3

I want to move the Capital PM order from Level2 to Level3. What is the best way to do it.?? pls help. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the WBS, where the PM is order is assigned, have the CLSD status? Or, are you saying that the PM Order has the CLSD status?

Are the costs on the WBS, where you have assigned the Order, settled?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gokul,

Thanks for reply.

No, WBS is is release status and order is in closed status.

Cost on WBS is not settled yet however, There is no cost associated on Order attached to it.

All I want is, move the order from this sopecfic WBS to another one and then settle the WBS. Pls suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that actual cost postings have happened for the PM order which had the incorrect WBS assigned to it. If thats the case you just need to bring back the PM order to the CRTD or created state after reversing all the postings that have happened for this order.

Once this is done you can then assign the correct WBS to the PM order.

There is no cost associated on Order attached to it.

Do you mean there were no actual costs posted to the PM order and the CLSD status was simply set for that order? If yes, just revert the order to the CRTD or created state and assign the correct WBS.

I think that should be enough to recitfy this issue.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Have you settled the cost?

Manual reposting of cost-KB11n can be used to show cost in new structure.

One can move WBS from One head to another using Drag & Drop.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pranav,

I want to move PM order from one WBS to another.

WBS is is release status and order is in closed status. 

Cost on WBS is not settled yet however, There is no cost associated on Order attached to it.

Pls suggest. Thanks

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Discussion moved from Getting Started with SCN to SAP Project Systems (SAP PS)

To get a quick (or any) response, create your new discussion in a space related to your query.  This way it will be visible to topic experts who will then see and reply to it.  The SCN Site Index contains a full listing of all SCN spaces.