Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating XSD for MDM Respository

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Have anyone tried creating XSD from Liquid XML Developer? If so kindly help me in generating the XSD for a MDM repository.

I had gone through a few documents in SAP which says that I should have the Java Plugin installed in the machine. I certailnly know that the XSD schema can be generated with the help of Lioquid XML Developer for a MDM repository but I am running shot of the knowledge on creating if. Please help!

Thanks,

Shanthi Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may refer the document available document on SDN

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c065c565-60a4-2c10-8d95-af250ca89...

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi,

You can probably export Schema from MDM repository(In Console, Right click on repository and then under context menu "Transport" then select Export Repository Schema) and save it on your desktop.

This will be .xml file. Then you can feed this file into Liquid XML Studio and generate XSD from XML.

I think this should be possible to generate XSD from XML file. You can try this once and see if this works or not.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

shanthi_kumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for the reply. It worked but the xsd at syndicator is a little wierd. I want to generate the XSD fro the Main table that I have in my repository. I want to know whether it is possible to transport only the schema of the main table and to use the same for syndication mapping. Please see that I want the XSD for mapping at the syndicator. Hence the schema of the main table will suffice my requirement.

Thanks,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi,

I think you can Edit this schema in Schema Editor and delete unwanted nodes simply.

Exporting only Main Table schema would be long process where you would require to Create Reference File first(if not already there) Then using Export Change File to export full table etc.

So i think Editing bigger schema would be better option. Kindly check and let me know.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanthi,

I am with Ankush on this.You can edit the through editor or otherwise.

Get in required form and generate xsd for the same.

Could you please also share the requirement to generate this xsd.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi/Ankush,

Yes the idea of editing and converting the repository schema to only the main table was one of the options which I was even thinking. But wanted to know if there can be any other better way to get only the schema of main table.

@ Ravi, the requirement is to create the syndication map from MDM to ECC for the main table. In the ,main table I have nearly 400 fields and out of them atleast 50 fields are look up fields. Hope that you can imagine the structure now and how big it will be.

Thanks,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

Yes this a better solution as other possible solution such as exporting data from Main table in flat file and converting that to xsd can lead to missing tuple fields.If you dont have tuple values then latter can serve you.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

Right click on Reposistory.

Use option Transport --> Export Change File.

Now here you can select, which all things you need to transport from the Repository. Here you can select Table you want to transport and then probably you would be able to generate Schema for Main Table only. Kindly check and revert. Thank you.

Regards,

Ankush