cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% down payment for particular material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru`s

I need a small clarification on my client business process, we have total sap set up in my company and we use credit management process successfully , we have one material ( ex : material A) is high demand material so now on ward when the customer order material A, he/she has to pay 20% down payment on particular material price (material A) not total gross value. can any one please explain the process to achieve this requirement.

Thank you.

Viswa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can achieve this using down payment functionality (milestone billing). Search the forum for details.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sivaram,

As per my knowledge if we assign milestone billing type to sales order type , it will applicable to all the all line items in the order ( this is not my case )

if we assign milestone billing type to item category type it will automatically applicable to all the materials with that particular item category ( this is also not my case)

i want to applicable those 20% down payment to only single material( material A)

Thank you,

viswa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru`s

Can i have any suggestions please .

Thank you

Viswa

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have billing plan both at header & item.

For your requirement, you can have Item based billing plan.

Kindly refer Std Item Cat TAO-Milestone-Bill.Plan for the same.

FYI, to make item cat a billing plan relevant, you need to maintain relevant field option in Billing Plan field in Business Data section of Item category. Say,

Choose 01 for Milestone Billing Plan & 02 for Periodic Billing Plan at Item cat.

As already suggested, kindly put some effort for your side to search the content in web or SAP Help in particular.

I agree with Shiva that there many related info available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

supposing that your sales orders have mixed products, it's not easy to fulfil your requirements. Credit management refers to customers and sales documents header (so you don't have the product). One possible solution is to check in the sales order/delivery copy control if a particular item has a down-payment posted in FI (when you post down-payment in FI you can indicate a sales document / item number)

Another solution is to activate a business function; I suggest you to through this link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3167854

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswanath,

There are two options to achive this.

1. Every time a sales order is created to material A, put the order in Credit block (thiscan be achived through User exit).  So the Credit Manager will check and release the order after recieving the 20% downpayment.

2. In the Sales Order user Exit Program, develop code to check the Sales order Value and check the Customer account balance as of that time, if customer account balance is showing credit less that 20% of the order value, then set the credit block or delivery block in the sales order.  Only a authorized person can rlease the block after ensuring the receiving of down payment.

Both the above solutions can be achived through sales order user exit program (MV45AFZZ - On save)

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Raju