Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects Mobile and IPAD

jim_oshea5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've connected an Ipad to business objects 4.0 sp2 p16. I can see the reports on the ipad but if I click them I get strange errors. They work fine on a laptop. I believe I should be saving the webi reports as mobile reports. When I click save as I don't get any options to convert it to a mobile report.

I've installed business objects mobile on a separate server but I'm not sure how this connects to my enterprise install. I'm assuming this is why I don't see the option to save the report as a mobile report. Could anyone give me some pointers here ? We only want to view the reports on ipads. I've checked the BO mobile install document and ipad document but its not very clear.

Thanks

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no option to save the reports as Mobile reports. What is the error message you are getting in iPad.

jim_oshea5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I thought there was some conversion process to change a webi report into a mobile report ?

On the ipad the error I get is :

An internal error occurred while processing the client request. (MOB00082)

The webi report works fine in BI Launch PAD.

Thanks

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Have you tagged the webi reports to Mobile Category?

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

jim_oshea5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthulakshmi,

It's attached to the mobile categary, my understanding is it wouldn't even show up on the ipad unless this was done.

I created a report from the standard universes and this appears ok. Is there an issue with reports based on BIC's ? I thought I might of seen a post that BIC's is not supported but this may of been quite old.

Thanks

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mobile app version 4.2.0 for iPad supports BICS as datasource.

Other option is upgrading the Business Objects to BI 4.0 SP4, if possible try that.

jim_oshea5
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks , we're using 4.2.5 version of the app. We'll be upgrading to SP4 during the week so will test after that and will let you know the results.

jim_oshea5
Participant
0 Kudos

Logged a call with SAP and looks like it was a bug. Our webi reports based on bics are using input controls which causes problems and wasn't fixed till sp2 patch 18. We're moving to SP4 Patch 3 so hopefully this will resolve the issue.

rgds

Jim