cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roles are disabled for my username.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed the settings in "user group maint." from administrator to "engineer" because of which most of the activities on left pane of the screen are lost. How to retrieve it back to "administrator" again?

In UME,  under ”assigned roles” for this user, administrator activities have been assigned as attached. Still the problem doesn’t solve.

Need your help on this.

P.S:  "user group maintenance" activity is not visible on left pane as the user group is now "engineer".

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to do the following:

1. Log into SAP me with the SITE_ADMIN user

2. Open User Maintenance and retrieve the NEW user you created and assigned the Engineer role

3. On the User Group tab of that user assign the Administrator User group and remove the Engineer one, then save.

4. Log out of SAP ME then log back in as the new user.  All activities should now be available again.

Hope that helps

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi steven,

I did it and activities are visible now for my user. but whatever operations, routing etc i had configured is gone and only default is present.

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to log into/or change to the site that the operations, routers etc were created in. If your new user cannot see any other site, then you will first need to have the site_admin user log into that site and give your user the administrator or other user group.

Thanks

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

1- I have logged in as new user and i can see all activites now- my first problem solved!!

2- however whatever operations,routing etc i had created is gone.

3- now as per you suggestion, i go to "site maintenance" and select my site where i had done all the configurations. i click on " reload initial data" and save it.

4- I logout now and login again but i cannot see my data and also site name is not what i had configured ( i had configured a site and created all routings etc under it as mentioned in pt#3 above) but a default site named as * appears(which donot have my data).

0 Kudos

You do not have to go to Site Maintenance and I do not see it was suggested.

Let me kindly remind you that Activitiy availability in Activiy Manager tree is controlled by settings in User Group Maintenance. Just make sure that you logged in to correct Site, that your User is assigned to an User Group, which has permission to the activities you want to see.

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1. You shouldn't have to reload initial data.

2. When you log in, you will be logging into the default * site

3. In the top right hand corner you will see the text SITE:*

4. Click this text and a list of sites available to your user will be displayed.

5. Click the site name where you created your operations etc

6. You should now be able to access this data

7. If there are no sites available when you click the SITE:* then you will need to have the site_admin user log into that site  and give your user the administrator or other user group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, got it!!

Thanks a lot. I was concerned whether all the configuration have gone.

This is solved too

now i will try resolving the 3rd problem which too i have posted..."activites are disabled and not viewed....."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought it has got solved but when i logged off again and login Problem still exists...

I will just repeat what i did:

1- I logged in as SITE_ADMIN, selected my SITE and went to USER MAINT.,changed my user to "administrator" & removed "engineer" and saved it.

2- Now when I log off and log in as my user, it is still showing those limited activities and not all of them in my SITE.

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It sounds as if there are roles missing from the NW User or permissions missing from the administrator user group in SAP ME.

1. Did you make any changes to the roles assigned to the users in NW UME? If so, ensure the users have the appropriate roles as detailed in the security guide that Alexander references above.

2. Then log into SAP ME as the SITE_ADMIN again.

3. Change the site to your site

4. Open User Group Maintenance and retrieve the Administrator User Group and ensure that the appropriate permissions are set

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your patience, Steve and Alexander.

But I am too confused and tired of finding out what I have done wrong. There is some thing i am missing.

Now the situation is,

1- In SITE * , as MY USER and as SITE_ADMIN user i can see all activites.

2- As SITE_ADMIN user, i can see my configuration under my SITE. But as MY USER ( under my SITE) I cannot see all activities and only limited ones(the same old problem). That means there are some permission issues.

3- There is some problem while accessing SAP website so i couldn't get hold of "security ME 6.0" guide.

4- Now, the simple way to start my work was to copy SITE_ADMIN user (to be on safer side) and do my work on this new user. I do "copy to new user" in UME and then login to SAP ME. but i get an error " you are not authorized to view this page" and hence i cannot see anything on SAP ME screen.

0 Kudos

- Login to you you SITE as SITE_ADMIN.

- Go to User Maintenance and retrieve SITE_ADMIN user.

- On User Groups tab notice the User Group to which SITE_ADMIN is assigned.

- Then retrieve your USER.

- Assign it to the same User Group as SITE_ADMIN assigned.

- Log off.

- Navigate to your SITE.

This way your USER will see the same activities as SITE_ADMIN in your SITE.

Message was edited by: Alexander Teslyuk

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In addition to what Alexander has recommended - the issue you describe at 4. May be because you have opened the SAP ME page whilst a NW page is still open.  Close all IE windows and try logging into SAP ME again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did what you and alexander suggested in steps above but it still shows those limited activites for MY USER in my SITE.

my work is stuck beacuse of this problem, so what i think is i will copy SITE_ADMIN user and create a new user. by logging with this NEW USER  i can see all my activites in my SITE.

is that fine?

0 Kudos

I do not see a problem doing so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I will go ahead with creating a new user then. Just to show you, i have attached the following snaps that refers to my problem,

1- As MY USER in SITE*, i can see all activities.

2- As MY USEr in MY SITE i cannot see all activities.

3- As SITE ADMIN user i can see all activites in SITE* as well as MY SITE, as below

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Was SITE_ADMIN user, which you changed, the only user assigned to administrators gorup? If no, just login as the other administrator user and change it back.

If yes, I would correct data in the database to make it work again. In particular USER_GROUP_MEMBER table. There you need to correct USER_GROUP_BO and HANDLE fields for you user -> set ADMINISTRATORS instead of ENGINEERS.

Activitiy availability in Activiy Manager tree is controlled by settings in User Group Maintenance, no need to check User Roles in NWA, UME.

Tables mentioned above are in WIP database that is used by ME. Please, do not correct any data in NW database

Message was edited by: Alexander Teslyuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Getting confused a little bit.

I have SITE_ADMIN user intact. i didn't use it at all instead i had created a new user with SAP_ADministartor,SAP_integrator & SAP_ user roles assigned to it in UME.While doing configuration with this new user i changed in "user group maintenance from "administrators" to engineers" because of which most of the acticites have gone on left pane of the screen. Now, if i go to UME i see the above 3 roles as it is assigned to this new user. no change in that.(then why can't i see all activities on left pane of my screen when i log in as this new user)

Is there any way to retrieve my configuration(or administrator) back?

Orelse, i will have to use  SITE_ADMIN user and do all the configuration again.

0 Kudos

For better understadning of UME Roles and ME User groups you may refer to Security guide, in particular to Authorization in ME 6.0 section.