cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP ROUTINE ICON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I wanted to customize the methods(WDDOAFTERACTION,WDDOBEFOREACTION,WDDOEXIT,WDDOINIT,WDDOMODIFYVIEW,WDDOONCONTEXTMENU) present in the method tab of WEB DYNPRO .

The ABAP ROUTINE ICON through which i can edit the method is not present.

Kindly help me, if there are any suggestions to find the icon or any other way to open the methods present in method tab.

Regards,

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we need to check the checkbox in Utilties Menu-> Web Dynpro Tab-> 'Method Based Editor'.

As shown in below screen shot.

regards

Tejas

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I wonder if you are looking at an Interface and not a Class or a Web Dynpro Component? Interface methods have no implementation behind them, so you cannot drill into them.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy

This is the screen shot of my screen and i am not getting any error, when double click on the methods.

Thanks & Regards

Santhosh

former_member185241
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Santosh,

How implementation tab is coming ?

it never comes if you are creating a webdynpro component.

Thanks

Abhishek

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

It looks like you're on a higher enhancement pack level than I am. I've tried to make my system somehow hide the "ABAP Routine" button, but I cannot. Maybe someone else on a higher EhP level will have seen this before.

Good luck,
Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

What enhancement Pack level are you on.

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy and Abhishek,

Thanks for yours response.

The ABAP Routine button is not available, as well as when i double click the methods nothing is happening.

is there any other suggestions ?

Thanks & Regards,

Santhosh Kumar P

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Could you post a screen capture of what you are seeing? Are you getting any error message from the system when you double-click a method?

Cheers,

Amy

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Just double-click on the method name in the list to edit its implementation. In my system though (NW 7.0 Ehp 1), I do have an "ABAP Routine" button at the top of the method list. What are you seeing in your system?

Cheers,

Amy

former_member185241
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Santosh,

Double click on that,  it will open the method there you can write your code 🙂

Thanks

Abhishek