cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM 3.0 Implementation .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SPM Friends,

I am assigned to a project where we are implementing latest SPM reporting  .  We are still in blue print phase and would like to understand following question before we go into realization phase.

We are implementing SAP BOBJ Spend Performance 3.0 version .

1.    1. Only OSS note 1239883 is sufficient for installing extractor kit on Source system ?   All required patches are already available.

2.    2. What is the method to install SPM 3.0 Business content in BW system?  I do not find an entry in table RSXSA_CONT_OBJ  with 3.0 version.

Please help me here.

3.    3. How BW system will be interacting with BOBJ system ?  Is it through BICS method ?

4.    4. We are having BOBJ 4 already installed ….Is it the same place where we will be implementing SPM analytics ?  Do I need to ask basis team to perform any step on BOBJ 4 ? Would it be possible access standard reports on BOBJ 4 ?

I have successfully installed Business content through standard program - RSXSA_CONTENT_INSTALLER but it seems it has installed 1.0 version . I would like to install latest version which is 3.0 .

Also I checked the status of my BW system and did not find the Add on it …below you find the status of our BW sandbox system –

SAP_BASIS    700     0025

SAP_ABA       700     0025

PI_BASIS       2006_1_700   0015

ST-PI  2008_1_700   0005

SAP_BW        700     0027

BI_CONT       704     0010

ST-A/PI         01N_700BCO  0001

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yes, OSS note 1239883 is sufficient for installing the SPM extractor starter kit on the source systems.

2. The method to activate  SPM 3.0 Business content can be found in section 3.3.7 of the Installation and Configuration Guide.

3. BICS is used to connect the BW backend and the flex based front end. There are absolutely no connections to BOBJ.

4. BOBJ is not required by SPM3.0.

Do not use RSXSA_CONTENT_INSTALLER . Follow section 3.3.7 for content activation.

Answers (0)