SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buget Structure - Superior Fund center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are implementing FM BCS and our business wants the functionality of Superior Fund center.

I red few blogs on superiod fund center functionality and understood that this can be achieved by using budget and posting addresses (budget structure).

Our client is expecting the below functionality in superior fund center.

-Budget will load at superior fund center level

- Under superior fund center again two child fund centers will be created

- while posting of invoices and other documents child fund centers need to be derived but budget consumption should be happened in superior fund center only.(budget will not load in child fund centers)

I have maintained derivation rules and buget and posting addresses, also done settings in "Define Derivation Strategy for Control Objects ". (source fund center is XYZ and target is superior fund center)

But still I am facing budget issues, since budget is checking at child funcenter level not superior fund center.

Request your kind inputs on this.

Thanks

TP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you work with budget structure, it's budget address derivation strategy you have to work with and not with Control Objects.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you work with budget structure, it's budget address derivation strategy you have to work with and not with Control Objects.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for the inputs,

Even though also I am not able to consume budget at superior fund center level.

I have maintained Account Assignment Derivation rules as source is 'Cost center' and target is 'Child fund center'. When I am posting the invoice child fund center is deriving.

In Budget address derivation strategy I have maintained the rule as source is  child fund center and target is 'Hierarchy variant of fund center' (since there is no superior fund center available).

Kindly correct me If I am understanding wrong in Budget address derivation strategy.

Regards

TP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As said by Eli is correct, Can you check by assigning source as child fundcenter and target as superior fund center ( give fundcenter only not hierarchy variant) in budget address derivation strategy.

Also in target fund center use 'overwritten with the new value' option.

Still if the problem persists run  FMBSIDX_RECON transaction after that try it posting the invoice.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi:

You need to define derivation rule in Budget structure. Suppose your superior fund center is A and sub fund center which will use budget assigned to fund center A are B& C. For doing so you need to set the derivation strategy as under in Budget structure. Keep source field and target  as fund center in FMSDERIBO and also set the trace On . While settings posting addresses in FMBSPO trace will detect if the settings are correct.

Derivation rule should be like

Fund center (source)    Fund Center (target)

B                                  A

C                                  A

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that you assign your strategy to the year and that in your rule you stated, that the new value has to overwrite the old one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thanks for your valuable inputs, The issue has been resolved now it is working as per the expectation.

This is resolved with your valuable inputs only.

Thanks alot.....

Regards

TP