cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm facing an issue after upgrading from 4.7 to ECC 6.0.

We have a simple SRM punchout scenario, with SRM instance, an R/3 backend, and the XI machine.

When a shopping cart is created, SRM pushes an order to the backend, and then R/3 communicates with XI, which is the responsible of sending the XML output to the vendor.

Now, the issue is that the ecc 6.0 backend seems to send the idoc to the XI instance (a green dot for outbound idoc in WE05 appears), but XI does not receive anything. I'm checking this via SXMB_MONI transaction, as I used to.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Daniele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

Check transaction SM58 in the sender system. You should find an error there, that will tell you the reasons behind your problem. Alternatively, in case your scenario is a qRFC one, check SMQ1/SMQ2 in the sender system (but it's quite a rare thing).

Regards,

Greg

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

deleting my post, you posted a few seconds earlier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, now I can see this error:

EDISDEF: Port SAPP11 segment defn E2EDP01008 in ID oc type ORDERS05 CIM ty

N.messaggio SR053

but what does it mean/refers to?

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Daniele,

Most probably the IDoc metadata in your PI system is not up to date. Go to transaction IDX2 and remove the IDoc metadata for the given sender and IDoc type, then reimport the IDoc definition from that particular sender system in Enterprise Services Repository. Once you activate the new IDoc definition in ESR, your scenario should work fine.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Catalano,

You need to delete idoc metadata from IDX2 transaction and reload the metadata for the ECC system.

The idoc structure has been changed after upgrade so you need to reload the idoac structure.

REgards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Greg,

sorry to bother you but I'm a newbie in XI..

How to reimport the IDoc definition and so on?

Thanks a lot, you're very kind!

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you have already deleted the metadata from IDX2? This is a mandatory prerequisite for the second step.

In order to reimport the metadata, log on to ESR, locate your Software Component, and right-click the "Imported Objects" under it, then choose "Import of SAP Objects". You will be asked to provide:

- SAP system data (host & system number), unless they are already assigned in SWC

- Logon credentials of a user authorized to import the metadata (try using your own user in the sender system)

A list of all IDocs and RFCs will be displayed, so simply find the right one, mark it and confirm. Do not forget to activate the change in ESR. Then, you're ready to retest.

The procedure is also described in details & with screenshots here:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/FileToIDoc/Index.htm

Regards,

Greg

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Daniele,

just delete the Idoc meta data from IDX2 , No need to reload metadata of Idoc . Just try to test again, If configuration done correctly then meta data will be reloaded when message sent to XI.

Also please check below link for your reference .Hope this will help you http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16010

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot guys..

I've deleted the IDoc metadata via IDX2, launched a new Idoc from the backend via Message Output in the ME22N (clicking on repeat output the ale distribution starts again: just creating a ZNEU message again launches the Idoc) and finally checked correctly in SXMB_MONI: the XML messages has been now captured from XI!

Kind Regards,

Daniele