cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Integration with payroll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am trying to do project in which salary of employees need to be posted on wbs elements( assume it as consultant)  through payroll, based on this value revenue planning is done and actual revenues are billed from client .In report based on person responsible for wbs element i have to see all values . can we do it? please experts give me your ideas.

regards,

abhinay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

In the info type(I guess info type 27 or 001) you mainatain the WBS to which the payroll cost should be distrubuted to.

Payroll postings happen against the home cost centre of the employee mainatained in Infotype 001 but if you mainatain a WBS and % distribution the payroll cost get posted to the WBS instead.

Consult your HR consultant for more details.

Also, check the following links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/8e/b9853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-ps/integration-between-project-systems-...

http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-acct/integration-between-project-systems-ps...

Hope, this helps.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ankur,

in order to get payroll cost at wbs , could you have any idea on the configuration regarding PS

thanks for your valuable information.

regards,

abhinay.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinay,

As far as I know No specific configurations are required.I am providing you some data/process and links based on several posts on your query:

DATA:

First of all you need to create an employee in PA40 (before that u need to maintain enterprise structure and personnel structure)...

you need to do all the basic settings for this..

based on ur requirement u need to maintain 2001IT and 2002 IT..(Info types)

for time sheet defaults u need to maintain 0315IT.

1) You have to config the cats profile by using tranx CAC1 , if any approvals , ask to workflow consultant and get the Task id, assign into profile.

you have to discuss with FICO guys and get he cost center, acivity type

and discuss with PS consultant and get the reciever WBS element.

2) go to transaction - CAT2 and enter the time sheet based on above details.

3) trans: CATS_APPR and approve timesheet

if you want transfer the att.hours to hr master data (IT2002),

you have to active the checkbox under HR TIme

4) process CAT5,CAT6 and CAT7

Relevant t-codes:CATS, CAT2, CAT7, CAT5. .. etc.

Relevant tables: CATSDB, CATSPS

PROCESS:

WBS elements are cost account elements that can be entered on IT14, 15, 267 etc., and even in CATS they can be entered. For example, for an EE you would want to pay a one time payment and post that amount to a WBS element and accordingly you would enter that information in IT0015.

When the payroll is run, the function P0015 updates the wagetype in the output table with a C1- split indicator. In the payroll cluster there is a table called C1 - Cost assignment from Different infotypes.

The information updated in IT0015 will get populated in C1 related to WBS element. Also this table is populated with the C1 indicator that also exists in the RT table against the wagetype.

When the Posting is run (RPCIPE00), it looks at the wagetype C1 split and directly gets the WBS element from the C1 table and posts that amount.

Check ob41>select 40 & 50 (one by one) maintain field status>Additional account assignments> Check WBS

USEFUL LINKS:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3189233

http://saphrexpert.blogspot.in/2008/12/cats-transfer-to-ps.html

Even though , it is suggested to discuss with your HR guy on it.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent post Sourabh. I was looking for some other question but got answer from your post. Thank you for putting the concept in such a clear and precise way.

Thanks

Laxmi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

You may close this thread if your issue is addressed.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ankur,

I am PS consultant . but the business process you provide is very useful. with the help of this information i will work out with HCM guy and try to achieve my requirement. i think most of my doubts are clarrified. thanks ankur. thread is closed for the present.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case you are not doing the HR integration and just want to see the planned and actual cost for Salary; Create Cost element (GL) as Salary and plan using ECP against respective WBS's, then post actual cost to same Cost element and WBS. In cost element report you can see Plan Vs Actual for WBS.

Reg/ Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Is there any process for hierachical report ie planning cost in cj40 and any way of posting actual cost to wbs.of course with cost element which you explained above we can do but just i wnt to know the other process ie without cost elemnet . Can we do it. anyway thanks for your information.

regards,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cost element is the basic requirement for any FI posting irrespective of the process you choose, some process you choose it manually or in other process it happen automatically (because somebody else or you configured accordingly)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has already been discussed in this forum. Please search the forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gokul, i search in forum. but there is no information on whether it is correct or  not . infact they have given statement that ther is no integration between payroll and ps which means that we cant get payroll in project but here MR Ankur is saying in different way which i find as correct as i work on his information with my HCM guy and came to know that we can give wbs element in order to get payroll directly into project. any way thanks for your information.

regards,

abhinay.