Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update cost to new condition type

former_member183783
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

I am wondering why price is updated to VA00/VA01 in sales order ,once we select some particular characteristics.I know how to write the depdendencies..I just want to know why the condition type is VA00/VA01 instead of others...Is it possible to create a new condition type to replace VA00/VA01?

The reason why I ask this question is that,we want to update the cost based on different characteristics to Sales orders.We create a new condition type ZZC1 for cost.But cost is not updated to ZZC1 while price can be updated to VA00 correctly...How to make ZZC1 work as VA00?thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monst,

check below link , it may help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

in standard SAP following condition types are defined for configurable materials: 

–   VA00: this condition type expresses an absolute amount.

–   VA01: this condition type expresses the surcharge/discount as a percentage.

The prices are determined according to the placement of the condition category in the pricing procedure.

Compare ZZC1 with VA00 and VA01 , also check tyhe pricing procedure.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's usually a lot more going on to determine cost than just Characteristic Values.

VA00 and VA01 are normally all you need for price related (bump up/down selling price) but you could copy them to Znnn ones if you want. In this case I don't think it will do you any god though.

Cost is rolling up VPRS and labour hours, etc, from various other areas of the BOM-Routing. The only time I've needed to update cost from VC it's been to change the hours on routing(s) in order to reflect a different cost.

If you are trying to effect the cost based on a characteristic value(s) something is wrong

Bill

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monst,

check below link , it may help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/92/58d455417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/frameset.htm

in standard SAP following condition types are defined for configurable materials: 

–   VA00: this condition type expresses an absolute amount.

–   VA01: this condition type expresses the surcharge/discount as a percentage.

The prices are determined according to the placement of the condition category in the pricing procedure.

Compare ZZC1 with VA00 and VA01 , also check tyhe pricing procedure.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh