cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in FTPS Receiver Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

I've configured a FTPs receiver channel with user password authentication without X.509 certification and I'm getting this error:

Delivering the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: FTPEx: The control connection to the FTP server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx timed out while reading the server reply..

From PI host I can get the the receiver server in por 990 wihtout problem.

Any idea what's wrong?

When I use X.509 certification In FTPs for authentication is not necessary to use User/Password authentication, isn't it? Or it must be possible to combine both.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Not Active Contributor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

It's a new scenario so is the first message I've had from adapter.... The interface has never worked..

I'm talking to FTPs server new. When I get some news I let u know....

One question:

When I use X.509 certification In FTPs for authentication is not necessary to use User/Password authentication, isn't it? Or it is possible to combine both.

Regards and thak u so much.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

You can login as a Anonymous or you can authenticate when u use X.509 certificates. Try using FTPS credetials.

http://scn.sap.com/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2010/04/13/how-to-configure-ftps-in-file-adapter

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj.

Im trying to configure ftps authentication with certificate. The client has provied me a .pfx certificate. Is that kind of certificate and need to use?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

The problem was that the FTP server was configured as implicit FTPS and it's obsolete and PI doesn't support i.

Thanks a lot everybody.

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chico,

Could you mention here the FTPS configuration parameters you had used finally to resolve this issue?

This would be of great help to understand the above time out issue.

-Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody....

I'm getting this error from log of server ...

(000082) 8/30/2012 13:31:02 PM - (not logged in) (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)> Connected, sending welcome message...

(000082) 8/30/2012 13:31:02 PM - (not logged in) (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)> 220-FileZilla Server version 0.9.41 beta

(000082) 8/30/2012 13:31:02 PM - (not logged in) (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)> 220 Welcome to ORIZONIA ftps

(000082) 8/30/2012 13:32:02 PM - (not logged in) (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)> 421 Login time exceeded. Closing control connection.

(000082) 8/30/2012 13:32:02 PM - (not logged in) (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)> disconnected.

It's seems to be a problem with the login but I don't know what problem. I've tried with a FileZilla Client in PI Server and it works fine and I'm using the same credentials....

Any idea?

Thanks  a lot!