Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DXC: no tables created in HANA Studio

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I thought to use DXC (Direct Extractor Connection) for a simple scenario. I followed configuration steps mentioned in DXC manual regarding HANA Studio, RFC connection, entries in RSDADMIN....etc.

After activating datasource on ECC system, replicated and activated in RSA1 (embedded BW of this ECC system). But after activating, no IMDSO/ tables are created under relevant schema in HANA Studio.

any idea

Regards

Ahmad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Ahmad

Along with the above check  ,can you also check whether the XS Engine and ICM are operational using the following URL.Awaiting your feedback.

http://<hostname>:80<instance number>

Thanks

Santosh Varada

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000421852012E

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

XSEngine and DXC Appliction tests are fine

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

And assume you are on the right SP level in the ECC system and if not you have implemented the pre-requisite notes with the manual steps?

Also, have you entered the RSDAMIN parameter values in caps? - Not sure if that makes a difference but worth checking.

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

RSDAMIND parameters are in caps.

But your input about SP level is helpful. Our system is currently SAP_BW 701, Level 0008 and with this case as mentioned in Note 1583403, it should be on level 010. If this is the problem then its a step forward

I've to ask basis colleagues and then see what happens

Best regards

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was two levels below on BW 702 but couldnt get our Basis team to patch up on short notice.

So I just implemented note 1583403 and also carried out the pre-implementation steps mentioned in it. That worked for me.

Thanks,

Anooj

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

For me manual parameters from note 1583403 didn't work.

I have checked config. guide thoroughly and config. steps are fine.

Now I am waiting for system upgrade only to check then if that solve the issue.

any input from your side.

regards

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

Do you want to manually check if all code changes mentioned in the correction instructions in the note 1583403 have actually been implemented? As I stated above, I didn't upgrade the system to the SP level, I could get it working with just implementing this note.

Thanks,

Anooj

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

well got back to this issue after some time.

with 701, level 8 and implemented 1583403 note, and HANA upgraded to Rev. 49, thoroughly checked every step mentioned in DXC guide,  but still no sign of tables under DXC schema on HANA side.

SM21 and ST22: no logs, no dumps

its just not working, anything missing....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had done this a good few months ago. If I remember correctly, the tables are created in the DXC schema when you activate a datasource/extractor in your source SAP system after having made all code changes & settings according to the SAP Note and DXC guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmad,

In your RFC connection in SM59, have you checked the "Connection Test" option and is that successful?

When I set up my DXC connection, I had issues around the RFC. I had to repeat the steps mentioned under 2.4 in the installation guide to get it working.

Thanks,

Anooj

a_ahmad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anooj,

RFC connection is working

DXC application test is also OK

anything else?

Regards

Ahmad