cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Check ....

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,  i am in testing client For a WBS my Budget is 5000 Rs I have made a PO of 1000Rs and goods receipt also Rs 1000, so actual is Rs 1000  and its completely settled to an asset so available budget is 4000 Rs availability control is active now when i make a PR up to 5000 Rs system is accepting ( Above 500Rs its giving error) but actually available is Rs 4000. and after saving the PR its showing available is Rs -1000, actually system should not allow to create any thing above Rs 4000 as per my understanding. am not understanding budget check is at commitment or at actual.      Regards Mandar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

The budget availability control will not work on GR & SES as per the standard functionality of SAP. Please refer to the not 46209 & 447102. But you developed user exit error for budget exceed.

Regards,

Sarfaraj

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mandar,

Please run T-codes CJEN & CJBN first and then try again your process.

And, check If there is any planned price maintained for the requisite materials.

check S_ALR_87013558 report for 'budget available' column(Total/overall) before and after GRN and try to analyzed what transaction is  making your 'available budget' -ve exactly.

I hope, this may give you root/solution of the error.

Regards

Ankur

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Ankur,  I did what you told but its not working actually i will clear once again  initially my  budget is 5000 and i made a PO of 1000 and GRN of 1000 so now my budget is 5000 actual is 1000 commitment is 0 and available is 4000.  Now ideally system should allow only up to 4000 Rs for next PR right? but if i create a PR of Rs 5000 against same WBS system is accepting , and at the same time if i create a PR of 5001 then system is giving error. am not understanding why the system is behaving like this?

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mandar,

One thing is sure that your issue is somewhere related to tolerance limits & Budget profiles.

Check two things:

1. In OPS9 , what 'Activation Type' & 'Usage' is maintained for Availability Control?

2. Is There any 'Abs.Variance' Maintained against the budget profile in Tolerance Limits settings?

Please check & revert.

Regards

Ankur

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,  The real problem what i observe is for my project is ,  if i do the settlement then again same amount will get open.  Ie   say my budget is 100 and and actual cost is 100, after settlement of this 100 Rs again system is allowing to raise the PR /PO upto 100 Rs only, after that it is giving error.  is this system behavior or any wrong is my config.  Pls look in to matter  Regards, Mandar

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

Is it happening for statistical WBS or real WBS? I have earlier faced such type of issue but for statistical WBS and the problem was lying in FI config part not in PS config.

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh.. is it...  thanks Mr Rout, can you just briefly tell me where should i check the setting if you have idea?

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Please tell the FI team to check ACSET setting.....

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

ok.. will tell and let you know.. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandir,

Please check the how much amount has been released  in CJ32, and also please check the CJI# report also..

By

Suma

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Suma, as i am in testing client am releasing full amount in cj32 ans it is in cj 30. System availability control works fine till the settlement, but after i settle the amount  from a WBS, system is again allowing to post the costs in the same WBS  equal to the settled amount, this ism my problem.  Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

After going through all the posts i feel the best option for you would be to recreate the test scenario once again and see if the behaviour is the same.

This way you can atleast be sure that there is nothing wrong in the process that you are following. If you are still not satisfied and do not get answers here raise it with SAP.

Regards,

Gokul

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Gokul,  Am following the below procedure as per our org needs, i will briefly mention here pls guide if its correct or not.  we are implementing PS for investment project, and we are using only WBS up to 4th level. 1 level - project 2nd - section (say P&M) 3rd - Asset (say Boiler) 4th - Major Parts ( say pumps and motors whose cost are to be controlled) So i put the budge t @ 4th level and my AUC is at 3rd level. now i create PR/PO externally and assign it to 4th level WBS, and after GRN the same will be in Actual all that process works fine.  Now as my AUC is @ 3rd level and Actual costs are at 4th level i will 1st settle the costs from 3rd 4th to 3rd level and then from 3rd level WBS to AUC and finally to Assets.  Is my process correct? as per my org needs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

I think the system is behaving as per the standard SAP flow. Settlement to a higher level WBS element is resulting in a release of the budget at the lower level.Please refer to the note 159850. That would help i suppose.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Please correct me if i am wrong.....I think that the system does not check the budget at GR.If you have created statistical cost element with category 90 for inventory G/Ls then the system check the budget at the time of PR/PO creation(standard) and for consumption accounts the budget gets checked by default.

The system does not check the assigned values at GR time i think.

Thanks and Regards

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Mr Singh, Thanks for your input,  Actually Budget will Check at GR level also as per my knowledge and as well as PR/PO, MIGO/MIRO and all direct posting that's not an issue.  What I observed  during testing by different sinario is " when you Settle the actual costs from lower level WBS to Higher Level WBS the amount equal to the settled amount will again accumulate in lower WBS and system will allow to book the cost up to same amount"  So my question is Settlement from Lower WBS to Higher WBS is  Stranded SAP practice or not?  Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

So my question is Settlement from Lower WBS to Higher WBS is  Stranded SAP practice or not?

In case of Investment projects it is a standard practice. However, SAP does not recommend this in case of Customer Projects. Read SAP Help for more on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ideally budget check will happen at GR. If you are interested in budget check happening when PR is being created please check the notes 955106 & 955107.

See if these notes are implemented in your system. Ankur had raised a similar query few days back and i guess he is going to implement these notes.

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gokul,  my system is checking budget at PR level only thats not a issue, but the actual problem is  see if my budget is 100 rs and i raise the PR/PO of 100, and again if i raise PR of 1 Rs also then system will give me error of exeed in budget of 1 rp.  but when that 100 Rs PO is converted in to GRN (actual) and after that if i make a PR of 100 again it will acccept...actually it should not allow. and system is showing as available as -100Rs.  Mandar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

Please check your tolerance limits in IMG->PS->Costs->Budget->Define Tolerance limits.

Also, check if the G/L code you are using is being maintained as "Exempt Cost element Availability Control" in OPTK. I am not sure but you please check it.

Regards

Ankur

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ankur,  i have not maintained any GL in OPTK, and more over eventhough i maintain the system should allow PR for any value,  i Guess system is checking budget at commitment level only,

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually system should check the budget with commitment + actual then it should allow the posting of remained value, am i right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you are wrong. Budget check ideally happens during actual postings. Commitments is nothing but the cost, that you are sure you wil incur in the near future, but is not actually spent. So there is no point in checking for budget at this instance. Atleast it does not happen in the standard system.

For that to happen you need to implement the notes mentione in my post below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your configuration settings for Tolerance limits (Transaction group, % of usage, error/warnings) for this budget profile.

Regards,

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Murty,  Tolerance limit is fine  its Tr grp - ++ % of use 100% Act type - 3 - error