cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view a File in excel Sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When trying to view the data in an excel sheet. There is an error Authorization Problem S_BDS_DS. How can I get threw it. I have contacted the Basis team and they told me that there may be a T-Code which maintains all the applications used by SAP. Can anyone tell me the T-Code and the way to maintain the applications?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I can see theres no reason why not to assign authroization S_BDS_DS into roles that require access to business documents

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

This authorization role is present in my Profile. I would Like to know to view a file from SAP is it necessary to maintain the application somewhere in SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also Juan, I am able to download the file but I am not able to open it directly from SAP...

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to describe you scenario in detail, theres 64 notes related to problem/errors related to S_BDS_DS.

Regards, Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you do an Authorization trace in ST01 and post the error?, also any errors in SM21 or ST22?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

When I am trying to view a Excel sheet in sap by clicking the view button after a certain query in SQ01 the above error pops up and in the status bar a message 'Application Not Maintained' Pops up. My Question is do I need to maintain the application Microsoft excel somewhere in SAP? so that SAP can integrate with Excel and display the sheet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan, I have found that due to a some issue in our role assigning team. They were unable to give the authorization of the certain role to me. With the help of the trace we could find out the problem. Thanks for the help.

Answers (0)