cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Different GUID values in DOC_CHECK_BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am getting different GUID values in DOC_CHECK badi and eventually BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL is failing to retrieve attachment details in one case.

case-1: When I attach  a document, Badi triggers with one GUID value and getting attachment details properly in above FM. This is also happening for any value change in the portal.

case-2: But after attacching a document and click "CHECK" button, a different GUID is coming and FM doesn't return attachment detals for this GUID.

Why there are 2 GUID values for value changes and "check" button? Is there any option I can derive working GUID(case-1) value from the other?

Requirement is , I need to display an error message while clicking "Check" button if no attachment is there. This is for Contracts management.

Thanks in advance...

SD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I can think of is that a new change version has been created. With the SC detail FM you can retrieve the active version (it has an exporting table with all SC versions), call the sc detail again with that active version guid (which I think would be the case-1 guid.

Another reason could be that a new SC will have a temporary guid first and after some checks/SC handling a new guid is created.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I am not getting the proper(case-1) GUID from SC detail FM. This FM doesn't return any other GUID.

Anytime I change a field value, badi triggers and getting the proper GUID. But "check" always gives another GUID.

Thanks..

Shibu