cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order of display of components for webi reports in ipad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created some sample reports for sap bo mobile bi application for ipad. The layout of the report in ipad is different from the one that is shown in webI. Is there a way where the user can specify the report components to be shown in the same way as the webI report?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hansa,

There is a Section called "Layout Predictability" in the SAP BO Mobile User Guide.

Please go through the same and design your webi report based on that.

No way the user can specify to view the report components to be shown the same way as in webi report.

The report components in the Webi report has to be placed in such a way to achieve your report design to be viewed in iPad.

Please let me know if you still have any queries.

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, Muthulakshmi.

I would like to confirm on one more feature- Is there a way to change the default background or color of components displayed in ipad?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Hansa.. Any modification done to the background color of report or components will not be visible in iPad. The device takes the default color.

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hansa,

Starting from SAP BO Mobi version 4.1.0, there is an option to have a Flexible Layout of our Webi report.

The Mobile for iPad application supports the following two models for layout prediction:

• Card Layout

• Flexible Layout

When designing the Web Intelligence documents, you should assign them to the appropriate category (in Web Intelligence client tool).

• For Card Layout view on iPad, assign the document to the "Mobile" category – The rendition on the iPad is designed to achieve the best possible fit on the device screen.

• For Flexible layout view on iPad, assign the document to
the "MobileDesigned" category – The webi report layout is maintained in the device.

Please go through the "Designing Web Intelligence Reports Optimized For the Mobile for iPad Application" section in 410 User Guide.

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthulakshmi,

Thanks for the info. But I read somewhere that this feature works only on Blackberry and not on ipad. Could you please let me know if this is correct.

Thanks!!!!

Hansa

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Hansa. It works for iOS and Android devices as well.

Need to create "Mobile Designed" Category and even we create categorize our reports specific to iPad/iPhone.

Code for all these Custom requirements to be updated in the mobi.properties file which

contains various sections based on “request sources” such as default, iphone, ipad,  blackberry mobile, androidphone and androidtablet.

Only thing to be noted is the "mobileDesigned" Category should only be Corporate.

Regards,

Muthulakshmi Ramanathan

Answers (0)