Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement rule automatic generation

rt50896
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Per project WBS to settle to GL account by different purpose, is this possible to make the settlement rule

automatically generate? I check IMG for this request, and can't figure out how to define sender and receiver

in rule. Any example to understand how to implement this configure?

For my case as follow, and project structure change make user maintain settlement rule

is difficult, even copy project.

WBS1: sender from cost1+revenue1 --> to receiver cost acct A1,revenue account A2

WBS2: sender from cost2+revenue2 --> to receiver cost acct B1,revenue account B2

Tks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rt50896
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Tks for your reply. As Gokul's confirm -- yes, currently the settlement rule can be work to settle, just user want to make it easy to maintain settlement rule by WBS content.

As you mention the allocation structure configure, of course it should be defined for sender/receiver.

Pls refer the follow sample for one WBS to check if we can config it to automatically generate, and example to config if can be. Tks!

allocation structure:

sender          receiver

FG-REVENUE      account A     account B

settlement rule:

receiver           source assignment

account C         FG-REVENUE

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Aryan & Sanjeev - How did you guys deduce that Regina is talking about Investment project here?

@Pranav - The reply that you have given is pretty generic in nature and i think you have not understood Regina's query. What i understood from the query is Regina wants to settle each WBS to a different GL account and she wants to know whether its possible to generate settlement rules automatically for such a requirement.

@Regina - Correct me if i am wrong and if possible provide more details to get an apt answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

Settlement rule can be generated automatically.

1. You have to define project type and settlement profile, Allocation structure etc.

2. Maintain investment profile and define it in consent with GL to be selected for collecting expense/Revenue.

3. During Settlement CJ88 settlement rule be created automatically(One time) if details are  proper

Most of the things are defined at the time of implementation and user have to enter details properly only.

Regards,

Pranav

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,  Is it that  settlement role created automatically only for the WBS where investment profile exists?  actually i have a requirement of settlement form lower level WBS to higher  say from 4th lvl to 3rd, now am doing mannually by going in to edit-cost-settlement role etc, can this be automatic? it will help me a lot as i have lot many No of 4th level WBS in my project.   Regards, Mandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Mandar - Please dont bump into someone else's thread. If you have a specific query please raise it as an independent one. This will ensure that the original thread does not go off topic.

Read the forum rules if you haven't read them yet.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Regina,

where you want settle amount set valid receiver in settlement profile.

Whatever you want sender cost element set in allocation structure.

create investment profile with mark auc activation for AUC. automatically settlement.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to put receiver CC valid receiver and sender CC in allocation structure.

if project is investment project then you need to create investment profile with check mark AUC activate this config will help in your scenario.

Regards,

Aryan