cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of function modules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey experts,

I need help during the transportation of a function module into a foreign system.

We are here developing abap function modules on a standalone sap netweaver engine and now need to transport them into another system which is located anywhere else but not directly connected to it.

So I configured the transport management and assigned my function module to a request and released it in transaction SE01.

After that I send the transport files from cofiles and data directories to the other system via email but the import there hangs now for long time (weeks) with no error message available.

Yesterday the import was shown as ready but actually it did not imported my function module. Only the function module group was created. Also in the request description there is no function module listed. But where did it go? I explicit added this function module and released the request.

Does anybody have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Any hints will be great, thanks.

Regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

check if the function group and the function module are assigned to the right package and to a transportable request. No part of it should be in $tmp. You can assign both function group and function mudule to a same request but in your case assign teh function group to seperate request and release first and then the function module.

Hope this helps you....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

thanks at first for your hints.

I checked the function group and function module properties as well as request parameters.

function group and function module are both not in package $TMP !

I putted them into one request and released it, but in SE01 the request only displays that the function group is contained, not the function module.

So I gave it another try and did it in two steps. First create package and containing function group in one request, released it.

After that I created a function module in that function group, gave it another request and released that as well.

In the other system, I imported the first request containing the package and group. That worked so far but gave me a warning at return and the message "request is ready for import again". OK, so I imported it again but still the same message.

Well, then I imported the request containing the function module. Same thing: again the above "warning" mesage is displayed.

The great surprise: the package and the function group were imported as expected, but did not contain the function module!!! BUT: I had a look in TA SE37 and found my function module saying it is contained in that function group!!!!!

???????

What's that?! I am a little be confused dealing with it!

Any suggestions?!

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

UPDATE:

I got it working but cannot really explain why

I tried it again with a new function group and function module. Both in different requests. Then I imported it together, meaning both requests in one import loop.

Again a warning appeared but now the function module is visible inside the function group structure.

But: is it always neccessary to put function modules in different requests? I had the problem that when I put them together with the group in one request it appears in the transport organizer with the function module too. But after releasing it, the function module directly disappears from that structure tree!

That was the reason why earlier tests did not work. But who or what is responsible for that behavior???

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

You need to move Function Group first. For that go to SE01, open your task and add FUGR object there. Then you can add function modules there as well. Also make sure that you functions are not defined as $TMP.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

it sounds like there was a mistake made when it got added to the original request. In the original system go to the request and examine it again to see if the function module is there.

If it is there but didn't get imported in the destination system you could try manually importing it with commandline functions of tp and reimport it. It sounds like it might have attempted to import your function module and only got as far as importing the group before choking.

1. review the transport in the original system to confirm the function module is attached to that ransport.

2. reimport the transport from the OS level