Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Getting 'Load Report Failed' when trying to load .rpt file into VB.Net CrystalReportViewer Control

Getting 'Load Report Failed' when trying to load .rpt file into VB.Net CrystalReportViewer Control

(CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer).

My app is written in VB.Net 2010 (Visual Studio 2010, 10.0.30319.1), using .Net Framework 3.5.

Within my app, I have a form with the CrystalReportViewer Control. The end user selects from a list of

.rpt files (Crystal Report files), and then a new instance of the form is instantiated, and the .rpt file

is loaded.

The environment this is happening in is a Windows Server 2003 R2, Standard x64 Edition, SP2.

The Crystal Reports 2008 Runtime is installed via the install file CRRedist2008_x86.msi. Our Apps

are 32-bit, so we use the 32-bit runtime. There are multiple servers that are supposed to all be

configured the same, but on some of the servers, when the user tries to launch the Crystal Report

.rpt file, they get the 'Load Report Failed' error on the call to

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

The same Crystal Report .rpt file launches fine from other servers, so there must be some kind of

setup/security/registry setting issue, but the current error does not provide any information as to what that

is.

Is there some kind of logging that will help to isolate what the setup isssue is?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question