cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Integration Repository - External Defintions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello XI Experts:

I have imported a XSD into External Definitions (InterfaceObjectts->Extrnal Definitions->New) and activated successfully. I did go throug the documents in the library. But I couldn't figure out how to refer the XSD in the Data Type, Message Type or the Message Interface. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

-Kan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kan,

You cant use XSD imported in External definition to create Data Type.

If you want to use your XSD imported in Ext Def then you could use it to create Message type, Message Interface and can be used directly in interface mapping as well.

You can Import XSD as DT: Create a new DT by giving a name. The structure can be imported from a XSD. Tools-> Import XSD. (Note: the name of DT here should match the 'complex type' name in XSD). Then create a MT refering to this DT.

Thanks,

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kan,

Where did you get the xsd from? Did you generate it in design?

If you do this, do not generate it from a DT but from a MT.

An external definition is on the same level as a MT. You can use a ED directly in your message mapping or in a MI.

if you did generate it from a DT you will not be able to use it in a MM or MI.

Regards,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kan,

Just create a new message interface......in its message type - browse to your scenario - go to external definiton - here you will find your XSD .....select it..then your message interface will refer to xsd in its messge.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

With an external definition you can include it into the message mapping and interface mapping by simply selecting the <i>source</i> or <i>target</i> (whichever you are using it for) and navigating through the repository and selecting your imported definition. So you don't actually have to create a data type

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An XSD can be imported into External definitions, and this creates the MT directly, and no DT required. They appear only under 'External Definitions'. Note: This XSD should contain a 'complex type' definition, which stands for DT. And also a root element declaration refering to this type, which stands for MT. In this case, we can have one XSD containing multiple DTs and MTs within it. All these MTs can be seen under the 'Messages' tab within an External Definition.