cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can a user from Company A create a Contract for Company B?

natalia_goyenechea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

I  have a customer that needs to create a master agreement for Company A and the sub-agreement for Company  B, can the same user do that?

knowing that a user/employee belongs only to one Company and that data is populated in the new document without option to change it?

Did anyone have a case like this before? I´ll appreciate your input.

thanks Natalia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

I have checked the system and this is not possible. The field "COMPANY" is a standard field in Master Agreements which cannot be changed. Here is the explanation and how you can find this out on your own going forward

1. Find out if a field is standard through Reference Guide

When you are in your MA, you can click on Ref Guide (top right hand corner), this will show you the Summary view of the Class Reference. Click on the "UI View" and then summary page (which shows you the fields on the Header Tab). If a Field ID shows up in this list it means that it is a standard field and not an extension.

2 Find out if a field is standard through Extension Definition

In the setup area (System setup) go to Extension Definition and click  on Master Agreement.

Every field which is an extension can be changed via Page Customization (optional <--> mandatory). If a standard field is required, it cannot be changed to optional via Page Customization. Looking at the list of "Default Extension Group", you can see that "Company" is not an extension but a standard field i.e. it can't be changed.

Hope this helps,

Armin

PS: Please mark this question as answered if it helps for future users of SCN

natalia_goyenechea
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Armin, Thanks for your reply!

But i´m not trying to override or change the Field COMPANY..

I guess at what i´m  asking is, if we have the posibility to create an Agreement for Company B inside a Master Agreement for Company A.

I did this test :

User John Doe belongs to Company A. He creates a Master Agreement and the company field inside the MA is set automatically to Company "A".

Inside that MA.. we need to create Agreements for other Companies that belong to Company A.

Since we know that John Doe can´t create any document for other companies... John added "Jane X" as a Collaborator.

Jane belongs to Company B... and she wants to create an Agreement inside our Master Agreement.

when she adds the agreements we see the Company field already populated with the same value the MA has: Company A.

So, for Agreements (sub-agreements in this case) i see that the system is not taking into account the Company where the users belongs to, but the same company used in the MA.

can you think of a way to address this customer need?

Thank you

Natalia

0 Kudos

Just a point on user Access and Companies: a user can only create a document for the company that they are assigned to (and they can only be assigned to one company).  Therefore if there is a need for ANY user to create a document for ANY company, multiple log-ons would be required  - one for each user in each company!  This is no good.

As you suggested, you can get around this modelling companies as organisation units, I did similar for customer in the past

Companies are very restrictive

Org units are flexible

Org units can simply be a flexible extension of the company hierachy.  If Org Unit is selectable on sub agreements, then I think it is the only solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

One way to solve this problem is to use Contract Hierarchy functionality which is supported from 9.0 release.

With the help of contract hierarchies, users should be able to create child agreements for their respective companies under a parent agreement (umbrella).

There are 2 ways to create a contract hierarchy:-

1. Create Child Agreement from Parent agreement :- It works as you are creating a sub agreement with a lot more flexibility such as you can have different suppliers, currencies etc. 
  2. Link Child Agreement from Parent agreement:- Let’s say you want users to create individual agreements with no relationship initially and later link them with each other in hierarchy? It can be done using this feature.

Please note that in both the cases above company in agreements can be different as long as respective users who belongs to those company creates those agreements.

Please let me know if this addresses your problem.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Answers (0)