cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What roles to give for a tester or test coordinator

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

This link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/EN/b3/64c33af662c514e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

only provides SAP standard roles for other roles but not for a tester or a test coordinator.

What roles have you used for a tester and test coordinator in SM4?

Sorry, one important thing: I mean tester and test coordinator roles in Project implementation tools (tcode STWB_WORK and STWB_2). And of course test coordinators need to write and save test cases in the configuration (SOLAR02) as well.

In my SAP training material SMI310, on page 33 there is listed roles like SAP_TWB_TESTER (for tester) and SAP_TWB_COORDINATOR which do exist in SM4 but both are not valid for STWB_WORK nor STWB_2. I suppose they are not meant to be used with SM40 anymore?

We are using Solman 4.0.

Best regards,

Kimmo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Annett.

It seems, that in SM4 SAP has provided list of authorization objects (in the Excel 'Delta_Information_Customers_EN.xls' and customers should gather a new composite roles of their own.

I consider SAP should have provided a template composite role in standard for Test and test coordinator users.

SAP knows very well the needs of a tester and test coordinator, and STWB_WORK is surely not the only authorziation object needed.

Here are some topics that I consider typical needs for a TESTER in project implementation (in parenthesis a proposal from SAP's Excel):

• No authorization for project admin nor SOLAR01, nor SMSY

• Display authorization for SOLAR02 (sap_solar02_dis)

• Display authorization for SOLAR02 documentation (?derives from sap_solar02_dis?)

• Not able to switch to other projects in SOLAR02 (?invidual rights to auth.object S_Project?)

• Execute transactions from SOLAR02 (?derives from sap_solar02_dis?)

• all rights to STWB_WORK (sap_stwb_work_all) and everything inside it: create message, execute test cases, enter test results

If there are any SDN members having already defined tester and test coordinator composite roles in SM4, I am interested to hear which roles you used.

br: Kimmo

annett_michel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kimmo,

There are single roles for both transactions available. They are included in composite roles, such as SAP_SOL_PM_COMP (which also include roles for SOLAR01 or SOLAR02).

Have a look at the attached *.zip file in SAP Note 834534. Here, you'll find all existing composite roles and the included single roles listed.

Best regards,

Annett

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Kimmo,

Check this composite role: SAP_CM_TESTER_COMP

This composite role enables the user to test and validate corrections in the test system.

It comprises the following single roles:

SAP_SOCM_TESTER

SAP_CM_SMAN_TESTER

Hope this helps,

Dolores