Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCA Files not present in the Check-In folder of CMS

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a new track in NWDI using the CMS Wizard "Modify a Software Component". The track is created successfully. However when I import this track in NWDS , I cannot see any DCs. I guess this is because the files are not present in the CMS Check-In directory. The track creation wizard must have copied the relevant SCs into the CMS Inbox, but the CMS Directory is empty.

I checked the Note #1259604 – CMS check-in tab: Not all files from inbox are displayed , but this is not applicable as we do not have any files in the CMS Check-In Directory.

Please advice .

Regards,

Adren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adren,

perhaps this is only a misunderstanding. You have to put the files into the cms inbox.

Based on what you intend to develop, the cms inbox has to be filled up with the corresponding SCs, and in the same time with the demanded SP level of these SCs.

The wizard cannot copy it there, since it is up to you which SP of which SCs you intend to use.

Best Regards,

Ervin

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks. If that's the case from where do I copy the files that are required to be placed in the CMS directory. I am creating a track for Biller direct and the name of the SC is FSCM_BD . From where can I copy the FSCM sca and other dependent sca files ?

Regards,

Adren

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adren,

I am not a biller direct expert unfortunately so for this you need to contact some related support or forum.

But I can help in general hopefully.

I can point out from where you get the SCs say for instance for a 700 wedynpro development, then you can contact the biller direct support, and following the same logic you can set up your track.

Example:

http://service.sap.com/patches -- Browse our Download Catalog --SAP NetWeaver and complementary products -- SAP NetWeaver -- SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 -- Entry by Component -- Application Server Java

(here you find sap_buildt, sap-jee and sap_jtechs)

Or another example for 730 webdynpro:

http://service.sap.com/patches -- Browse our Download Catalog -- SAP NetWeaver and complementary products -- SAP NetWeaver --  SAP NETWEAVER 7.3 --  Entry by Component --  Application Server Java

(here you find again all the SCs required for instance for 730 wd java development)

HINT: on the left hand side of http://service.sap.com/patches click on "Search for Software Downloads" and enter FSCM. I assume this way you can find the Software you need. Again, which dependencies to use, I cannot tell you, please contact the corresponding support for the answer.

See also this note that describes the most basic application types and their dependencies.

#1080927 - Creating CMS Tracks for Common Application Types

(this note also includes references to notes that are dealing with 720er and 730er dependencies )

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

H Ervin,

Thanks a lot for the information . Its very useful. I will download the files and place it in the CMS inbox.

Do you think the reason I cannot see the DC in NWDS is because of the fact that I haven't checked in the components from the check-in tab of the CMS ?

Thanks once again. 

Regards,

Adren

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to check in them , then you will see them in nwds

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adren,

Almost that is the reason. One prerequisite is check-in, the other one is import.

If the DCs are not available in the corresponding buildspace (dev and/or cons) then there is nothing to sync, or more precisely there is nowhere to sync the DCs from. You can fill the given buildspace by check-in AND import into dev and/or cons. Once the import of the SC took place succesfully, the DCs of this SC will show up in your NWDS as well.

Best Regards,

Ervin

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adren,

Hope you are doing good.

Along with this info, just note that you will not be able to amend standard SAP software. Also if you are planning custom applications, it will be wise to get in touch with the development team and check the netweaver dependencies and import them as well (Eg: sap-jtechs, jtechf etc.)

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

I am not sure I understand what you wanted to say by this.

Cheers,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adren,

did you manage to resolve this problem based on the above instructions?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ervin

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin ,

I have asked the basis team to downlaod the SCA files from SMP . Will update you once this is done .

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Adren

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

We can modify the source code provided by SAP for ESS, MSS , BD etc using NWDI . We have done many such changes before.

May be you meant something else !!

Regards,

Adren

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I checked in the dependednt SCA files including the FSCM BD SCA from the Chekin tab of the CMS. Now I can see the SCAs in Developement tab .

Still I am unable to see the DC under the SC in NWDS .

Any idea ?

Regards,

Adren

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Adren,

let me re-iterate one sentence of mine.

"Almost that is the reason. One prerequisite is check-in, the other one is import."

You have to import the SCs on the development tab. Once this is done, restart your NWDS, log on to NWDI from NWDS, and the DCs should be availble for all the SCs you have imported in CMS.

Best Regards,

Ervin

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin ,

In addition to the above, I observed that I cannot see any DCs under the SC in the buildspace !!

Regards,

Adren

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please attach some screenshots for better understanding?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Ervin

adren_dsouza
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I am able to see the DCs in NWDS now . As you mentioned, I had to import the SCAs from the Developement to Consolidation. Then the most important thing - I had to restart my NWDS.

Thanks a ton (or more than that) for your help.

Regards,
Adren

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are welcome, Adren!

I am glad to hear I could help. 😉

Have a nice day and have a good development!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)