cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EM functionnalities ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am working on SAP event management. I am looking for more informations and/or presentations about the functionnalities available in this tool. All feedbacks are welcome. Thanks in advance for your cooperation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Kevin,

When you are talking about serialized product, do you mean standard product classification (established by GS1 group) ?

Can we consider an handling unit as a product ?

To formalize your answer with my words:

SAP EM is used to track handling units, product packaging, containers, purchase orders. All those objects are managed in a dedicated legacy (SAP or non SAP)

SAP OEM is used for managing centrally serialized product in heteregenous system landscape.

other question is : Do you confirm that on SAP EM we can manage hierarchy ?

thanks in advance

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

other question is : Do you confirm that on SAP EM we can manage hierarchy ?

Yes since EM 5.1. There are standard activities available and the UI can display hierarchies. E.g. is the PTA visibility process delivered in standard.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all

thanks for your inputs

can you help me to understand better how to choose between sap em and sap oer ?

my objectives is to track and trace handling units from the manufacturing sites until the customer site

what are the elements i need to take care in order to select the right solution ?

Is it link to my system landscape  or to the functionnalities that i expect ??????

thanks in advance

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastien,

If you are looking at tracking at a HU level then EM would be the way to go. If you wish to track serialized products where the capture of the serial numbers is done via AII or another EPCIS compliant system then OER would be an option as well. Note that OER is licensed separately from EM although both run off the EM back-end...

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See Petra's post:

SAP EM (Event Management) Solutions - Management by exception in your extended Supply Chain.

View this Presentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your advices. To be more precised on my request, I am looking for business presentation in order to describe the benefits and how the solution works. thanks in advance for your help

MarcoFreischlag
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

try the supply chain execution Ebook -> direct link

http://www1.sap.com/community/ebook/2012_05_SCE_Lib/en/index.html#/page/1

if the link does not work maybe you can start here -> http://sap.com/scm --> Supply Chain Solutions --> Track & Trace --> eBook: Supply Chain Execution

--> page 51 --> Read SAP Event Management solution in
detail

Regards Marco

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two good books available:

In german SAP Event Management: Das umfassende Handbuch

in english SAP Event Management - SAP's Best Kept Secret

Best regards,

Steffen

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien,

helpful information to the Visibility processes you'll find on the following link in SAP Service Marketplace:

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/scm

Regards,

Heiko