cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason code not appears sometimes while releasing SPL block for a document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing a strange issue, where we don't find the Reason Codes popped up while we try to cancel a SPL block.

Following is the scenario.

1) I have created a Sales Order with a Boycotted partner. And as expected, the Sales Order got blocked in R/3 with SPL.. And i can find the same log in GTS stating Partner is found in boycott list.

But when i try to cancel the block. I expect a popup where i should be able to provide Reason code which i have configured and provide my comments before i cancel the block.

But currently, i can find this Reason code not appearing in the pop-up. It only gives me the Free comments section. Have anyone faced similar issue earlier.

For your information. I have the following setup already in place for reason code to determined. and thats why i can cancel some block providing Release code.

1) I have created a Release Determination procedure.

2) Created some Release reason code under the Release det. procedure.

3) And same Release det. procedure is assigned to the SPL - Legal regulation that we have created. in section-> Control settings for Legal regulation.

Not really sure, why we don't find this release code appearing in certain cases and appearing in other cases.

There is no issue in legal regulation determination. Because if it had been problem in legal regulation determination. SPL block would not have created with comments "Partner is under boycott list".

Kindly request you'll to provide your inputs.

Thanks in advance

Dhilipan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure you have activate reason for release in Control settings for Legal regulation:

Activation: Reason Entry during Release (Only release reason prompted) or Enter Reason and Comments.

Best Regards

Boer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boer,

Thanks for your response. As stated in my initial post, yes indeed i have the Release det. procedure and activation is done in Control settings for Legal regulation.

There are no issues with the config.

Thanks

Dhilipan

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Please check OSS Note 1706297 - Release reason is not mandatory that could possibly fix the issue.

Best Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

Orféa Solutions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz,

Thanks for your response. We already implemented that note. But we still faced the same issue. Reason being GTS 8.0 only pops up reason codes for the first document that is blocked. Once the reason code is provided for the same Customer for a document and the document is released.

The second time, if we create another document with the same customer system will not pop the reason codes while we try to release. However its not so in the higher releases of SAP GTS.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

This issue has been solved by note 1688226 (only for GTS 10.0 or latest). This issue is due to no partner functions with new check status in document. For example, one document consists of several partner functions that directly reference to business partner master (No address Change), so their status for SPL should be determined regarding BP master. In this case, it is impossible to save release reason into databases when you manually release this kind of blocked document. 

Hope my description can explain your concern.

Thanks

Boer