cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500--Internal Server Error while trying to set system time-out in SAP Sourcing

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks +

I tried to change my system time-out using the following steps, but unfortunately, I think something went wrong and I get the Error 500--Internal Server Error trying to launch the application.

What I Did

1) Logged into the Server <FCIHOMDIR> added a <session-config> node to the <web-app> node within the application deployment descriptor. The deployment descriptor for the Frictionless sourcing in the <FCIHOMEDIR>/deploy/web.xml file. changed the session time out from current "30" to 60"

<session-config>

<session-timeout>60</session-timeout>

</session-config>

2) The next step, I re-built the EAR file using the configure utility, I checked the following options as shown below

<Did not check the box for Database update>

3) The EAR file was generated and then I logged into Weblogic and stopped the deployment and re-deployed, but I still get the error as below

4) Also went in as the system user on the SAP Sourcing application front end and changed the value in the system property upp.metering.login_inactivity_timeout to 60 minutes

Error 500--Internal Server Error

1. java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.frictionless.display.util.IMBOLayerConfig.getProperty(Ljava.lang.String;)Ljava.lang.String;(IMBOLayerConfig.java:27)

at com.frictionless.display.servlet.IMBOFrameworkServlet.init(Ljavax.servlet.ServletConfig;)V(IMBOFrameworkServlet.java:90)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInitAction.run()Ljava.lang.Object;(ServletStubImpl.java:1028)

at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Lweblogic.security.subject.AbstractSubject;Ljava.security.PrivilegedAction;)Ljava.lang.Object;(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)

at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Ljava.security.PrivilegedAction;)Ljava.lang.Object;(SecurityManager.java:121)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet()Ljavax.servlet.Servlet;(ServletStubImpl.java:904)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances()V(ServletStubImpl.java:883)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(Lweblogic.servlet.internal.RequestCallback;)V(ServletStubImpl.java:822)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(Lweblogic.servlet.internal.RequestCallback;)Ljavax.servlet.Servlet;(ServletStubImpl.java:535)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(Ljavax.servlet.ServletRequest;Ljavax.servlet.ServletResponse;Lweblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl;)V(ServletStubImpl.java:373)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(Ljavax.servlet.ServletRequest;Ljavax.servlet.ServletResponse;)V(ServletStubImpl.java:315)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run()Ljava.lang.Object;(WebAppServletContext.java:6718)

at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Lweblogic.security.subject.AbstractSubject;Ljava.security.PrivilegedAction;)Ljava.lang.Object;(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)

at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Ljava.security.PrivilegedAction;)Ljava.lang.Object;(SecurityManager.java:121)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(Lweblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl;Lweblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl;)V(WebAppServletContext.java:3764)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(Lweblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread;)V(ServletRequestImpl.java:2644)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(Lweblogic.kernel.ExecuteRequest;)V(ExecuteThread.java:219)

at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run()V(ExecuteThread.java:178)

at java.lang.Thread.startThreadFromVM(Ljava.lang.Thread;)V(Unknown Source)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tridip,

What version of Sourcing are you reconfiguring?

Is this error preventing any logins or just appearing in the logs?

Are there any places where you can configure the timeout settings in WebLogic that may be conflicting with this?

From what you've posted it looks like the change to the web.xml file disagreed with the one made by the installer. 

Paul

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul, Former Member (doing this so that u dont miss the thread )

This is the SAP Frictionless 4.2 version, can you believe it

this error is preventing logins, the moment I try and launch the URL -> Boom this error shows up.

Unfortunately, I dont have the EAR file back-up on the server, the new one has wiped the old one, I can get the back-ups for that, but wanted to check, if that would help.

The screen-shots that I have provided you is how I tried to change the session time-out. Nothing has been configured on the Weblogic side that is conflicting.

Answering your last bit of the clarification, on the Web.xml file dis-agreed, does this mean that performing the change to the session time-out using the Configure.exe utility wasnt the right approach?

What's the best approach to revert back or move forward Paul, pls let me know

...And thanks for chipping in with details to help me out

Cheers

Tridip

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Former Member

Finally figured out the issue with the 500 Internal server error, performed the same steps as highlighted in my screenshots and the only place we did a change was to authenticate the Database with the Data Base User ID and password that was suggested by the system.

Earlier, we overrode the system suggested user ID by a DB user ID that we were aware of

Whenever we perform the steps of redeploying the EAR file, the system prompts for the DB user that is actually pointing to the right database, if we override that, there seems to be connectivity loss with the DB and hence the error

This was great learning for us, though small, that we must not override the system prompted parameters

I was able to successfully extend the system time-out from 30 to 60 minutes and it went through

Thanks for collaborating and giving me a heads-up

Cheers

Tridip

Answers (0)