SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter search by characteristic values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I just created some characteristics and added some values to them, through the "new" WRFCHVAL T-code, and I would like to know how to access results based on these values I created. I'll try to explain myself a little better:

Imagine I have some generic materials created and that they're all t-shirts. Then, I created the characteristics "Size" and "Colour" and I created some variants based on the possible values of these characteristics (size numebrs and different colours).

Now let's say I wanna access sales results and filter them by Size, in example. Where can I see things this way? Is there a way to search for every "Red" t-shirt in the system? For example, is there any way to find in MM60 all the articles created that are Size 40, for example?

Thank you in advance for your help! Regards,

Manuel Nascimento

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

You can go to Article search using F4,wherein you can select from the search dropdown list for "Variants of a  Generic Article" wherein you can put Article description as " *Red* " and you will also related variants.You can pick the ones that are relevant.

Alternately you can go to table MGW_GENERIC_VAR and select Article Category as "02" and put description as "*RED* " in this case and you will get all the relevant variants.Take the dump of all these variants.And then you can use Tcodes MC+Q or MCTC for the Sales Analysis.

Hope it helps.

BR,

Aram.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

You can go to Article search using F4,wherein you can select from the search dropdown list for "Variants of a  Generic Article" wherein you can put Article description as " *Red* " and you will also related variants.You can pick the ones that are relevant.

Alternately you can go to table MGW_GENERIC_VAR and select Article Category as "02" and put description as "*RED* " in this case and you will get all the relevant variants.Take the dump of all these variants.And then you can use Tcodes MC+Q or MCTC for the Sales Analysis.

Hope it helps.

BR,

Aram.

0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

First of all, thank you. I'll now try to add some dificulty to this issue: let's say we're talking about a "FOR INFO ONLY" characteristic (in terms of relevance for that article particularly).

In this case, characteristics that don't have any relevance for variants don't add text to the article description, so it wouldn't be that easy to find those articles just like that.

In the SAP Library document it says "Characteristics differentiate objects and enable you to run a specific search for these objects in the system (for example, you can list all articles with the characteristic value “red”)."

Assuming that that "red" is a FOR INFO ONLY characteristic, how could I achieve that?

Thank you again,

Manuel

0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

I think there is a way to achieve what you want.(with selection of Article Category as "02" and you can also restrict the selection using the MC as well)

All you can do is go to MARA table,wherein you have the following fields available to enter the Characteristics Name(which you have created)

COLOR_ATINN - Internal Charactieristic Number for Color Characteristics

SIZE1_ATINN - Internal Char. Number for Characteristics for Main Sizes

Also you have the following fields available for the Characteristics Values

COLOR

Main Size

The only important thing is you can give only the Characteristic Value number (NOT the Description)

for ex

if you have created Characteristic Value as 01 with Description "RED" you can give 01 in the field "COLOR"

Similarly for the Mainsize you can give "01" for example for the Size "S" etc

This should give you the list of variants with the specific Characteristic value you are looking for.

In a gist,you can use any of the above mentioned 4 fields to get the complete list and on the other end you may also use all the above mentioned 4 fields to get the exact list considering both Color and Size at one go.

Hope it helps

BR,

Aram.

0 Kudos

Hi Aram,

Thank you again for your time. Saddly, I think I'm not explaining myself as good as I wanted.

What you're saying is that through MARA I can manage 4 fields, i.e. 4 characteristics, and that I can go on and fullfill those fields as I want. That I can also do through standard T codes, adding characteristics to characteristic profiles or to merchandise categories (and then I'll assign each article to a profile or to a M. Categorie, making it "absorb" each of those charact.). Anyway, even imagining that that would fix it, it appears to be destined only to Color and Size characteristics and values, and those kind of characteristics are usually used for creating variants. That's not what I really want.

What I'm after is about dividing articles by some characteristics, by whatever characteristics I assigned to them. EX: Imagine I have a variant of a generic material, color RED and size XL, but that I actually did assign to that same article an *informative characteristic*, let´s say, "Long sleeves". This client has many many articles that are to be characetrized by this other kind of characteristic, the informative one, in this case "long sleeves".

And now imagine I don't care about size or color and that I only want to analyse the "long sleeves" articles. As I quoted before, SAP itself refers to this possibility as it says you should be able to run specific searches in system for some objects with specific characteristics.

Is there any way you know that you could filter articles according to these other characteristics (informative ones, and not variant-related ones)?

PS: there's an unlimited number of characteristics you can add to an article.

Thank you Aram! BR,

Manuel

0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

As Paul mentioned,you can use the F4 help by and choose "Articles by Several Classes" accordingly.

Alternately you may also use Tcode CT12 to get the list of articles based on Characteristics/Characteristic Values

Hope it helps.

BR,

Aram.

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manuel:

The key is to understand that characteristics are part of the standard classification system.

Standard Article Master search help includes search help based in the classification system.

Anywhere you see an input criteria for Article Number, such as MM60, press F4 and then choose the search help tab marked "Articles by Several Classes". There you will see that there is an option to search by Characteristics and Characteristics Values.

- Paul Gendreau

- SAP Retail, Inc.

0 Kudos

Hi Paul Gendreau,

Could you help me finding out how to use the search tab "Articles by Several Classes"? This is what I've got:

If I choose "Articles in a class", I can find out articles by characteristics and values in the specified class - though, I can only search by the characteristics linked to that class, i.e. if my characteristics are only set to Merchandise Categories I can't search by those characteristics from an upper hierarchy level.

But then, in "Articles in several classes", I can't even select a single (nor more than one) MC and then, after selecting the characteristics and values, search for the materials that correspond to my selection. When i press F8 it says it wasn't possible to find the Material Class (i.e. the MC's one) - WN301 SAP message.

Do you have any inputs on this?

Thank you very much once again,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

Please try tcode  MC(B or report RMCV0700.

For more info refer to note sapnote_0000174583.

regards ,

Deyi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I'm going to close this thread and thank you very much for your help. Even though I didn't achieve exactly what I wanted just yet, you were very kind and provided real good information. I learned a lot, testing all your inputs.

Best regards!

0 Kudos

Hi Manuel

I know you have closed this off but I wondered if you have seen the Transacton WRF_AL.  This transaction is Article List and within this gives you, I believe based on your initial request, the ability to search by the characterisitics you have created with the WRF transactions.

Regards

Lisa

0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

First of all, thank you very much. I didn't know that. I tried that Transaction and I managed to create some lists. It lets you create them based on characteristics+values, in deed. Do you know how to use them in article search, in other transactions? I mean, If I create a list in WRF_AL, can I use it dynamically so I can use it as an input in article search, so it could search directly for the articles I want? (I'm imagining something as useful as variants, for example: If I go to, let's say, MM60, I would search by an article list and it would reply with the list-results).

Thank you again for your inputs,

Manuel Nascimento

0 Kudos

Hi again,

I did some tests and I think I got it. I just wanted you to "confirm" that for me, since you might have used it before.

-> Once I create a List, I can search for articles (for example, in MM60) by "Search Help for Material List". So, if I select a list I created before, it will reply showing the materials that correspond to that list (i.e. specific characteristics and values).

-> If I create the lists as Dynamic (not static), it will always be "up to date", i.e. if I create a new article now that would correspond to that list, it will show up when I call it. Is that what dynamic lists mean?

-> This would more or less work for me in a way that I would have to create some lists and organize them in the hierarchy: I'd create a list for materials with the color A, another one for the color B, etc... Then, searching for materials, I could just call them and it would reply as I need.

If you can confirm this I'd be very grateful. Thank you once again Lisa,

Manuel Nascimento

ash08830
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi -

I know this is old posting but still answering for the benefit of other people.

Go to tcode mm02 or va01 -> click on material drop down for search -> search by material class -> enter the class -> hit enter and fill up the charateristics values ( you can enter single value or multiple )  -> Click on Find in intial class tab on the top. 

That's it!!

Amit