cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take redo log backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have archive log mode disabled.in db12 i see 629 not yet backed up. I want to take backup these logs. I scheduled through db13 offlinebackup with redologs. After finishing of backup still these logs backed up.

Will be glad some once can help me to take redo log backup

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have archive log disabled ( I presume this is not a critical system), and you are taking offline backups which are consistent. Why do you want to keep those redologs?...  I presume they are old, I would simply delete them.

If you still want to back them up just run a "Redo log backup" in DB13, its not necesary to have a downtime for it.

Regards, Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please suggest from where i can get more knowledge on database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can enable the archive logs from BRTOOLS and start the  redologs backup from DB13.

regards,

balaram

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can take ADM505: Database Administration Oracle I  that will give you a good overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the reply. Are there any docs/guides available for ecc6.0 database administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Database administration is primarily a function of DB itself and not so much so SAP product. For Oracle check:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7911

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

MaheshKumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

You can you can have a look at . It gives you all the information and documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why you need to backup this files? As you say you have archive log mode disabled therefore oracle simply overwrite online redo logs without archiving them before

Regards

Roman