cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If pricing validity is in past, the material should not invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I need to know how this scenario can be achieved. Eg. I create a sales order with say 4 line items (materials) on 1st Aug. The pricing condition for one material is valid till 20th Aug. I create Invoice on 21st Aug. Now the Invoice for the material whose validity has ended on 20th Aug shud not get invoiced. I shud be able to see that in VFX3. Should I work upon copy control or item category or pricing procedure for that pricing condition ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

2 changes required here :

1. In Copy controls for Delivery to Billing if you choose Pricing type : 'C' (Carry out new pricing keeping the manual conditions unchanged)

2. Pricing Date should be changed (as Billing Date) in copy controls.

When the Invoice is created, system will read pricing date as billing creation date and it will try to reprice and if the pricing condition has expired, it will show error message in VFX3.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

What do you mean by pricing date in copy control ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Pricing Date can be changed by writing code in Copy control routine or user exit .

User Exit : USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP

By default system copies Pricing date from the Sales order, if you want to redetermine the Pricing date same as billing date, write code in teh above user exit

ERDAT should be passed to VBRP-PRSDT (Billing Pricing date)

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju -

Thanks..but I dont want Sales Order pricing date into Invoice. I want if my conditions are not valid on the day of Invoicing, they should not be invoiced. So if i have 3 material (line items) and 1 one material pricing condition is not valid on the day of Invoicing, 2 items should get invoiced but not the 3rd.

rgds..Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ameet,

Solution given by Raju will not copy sales order pricing date in invoice, it will copy billing date in invoice. if pricing condition are not valid for any of the material, it will give error if pricing condition is mandatory.

If you do not want that item to appear at all in invoice, you can create VOFM - requirement routine where you can check for pricing record validity on billing date. 

Regards,

Dinesh Goyal

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amet,

As Dinesh says, you can manage it with VOFM requirement in the copy rule, but think that perhaps you have delivered the goods, the question is how your customer or boss (if you are an analyst in an end user customer) think to be paid.

Regards

Eduardo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All - Thanks for your feedback. Let me work with my ABAP guy and will keep you posted if this solutions worked. Will provide points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try customizing - Maintain Copying Control For Billing Documents, choose source and target document. In the item detail screen change Pricing type to D.

Best regards

Eduard