cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Planning according to weekly lot size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

SKU XXX  at X location has W4 batch size -In planning book for  week 45 and 47  we have 2 planned receipts .That means receipts are  displaying with in 2 weeks between w45 and w 47, instead of 4 week horizon.  The rest of the horizon looks correct with the min lot size and forecast volumes. In product Master for this Particular Product It is having 4 weely lot size.

Appreciate your Help

Thanks & Regards,

Surya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have found PP/DS Planning  Time fence as 77 days.Planned delievry time as 10 days, But here Procurement typ is F.Is it feasible to have PP/ds Planning time fence for external proc type F?

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing i missed out is on today's date (30/08/2012) horizon is W 41 and  W 46. So 5 weeks .

But in Product mater is is showing 4 weeks horizon

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Surya,

I think you've got a result which is standard as per heuristic logic.

During heuristic with periodic lotsize, system will first group demands according to periodic lot size setting in the master data. For example, your setting is to group demands from today's date, 4 weeks per period, lot size alwaya at first period. Then the demands will be grouped to 1st period, 5th period, 9th period, ... in a weekly planning book. 

Then heuristic runs on the grouped demand. Please notice here that demand grouping will not happen again, the heuristic will plan on the base of the grouped demands as above. But if you have some settings that prevent the planned order to be created in the first period, and system finds the first possible date for planning is in the 3rd period, you'll get planned orders in 3rd period, 5th period, 9th period, ... In this case, the result of first several periods may not be as what you expected, but it is the designed behavior.

Those settings that prevents the order to be created in the first period may be:

- production horizon

- planned delivery time

- GR/GI time and transportation duration

- closing of calendars for the period

As far as I know, in standard system, there's no way to avoid this result.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

on 28/08/2012(Tuesday) , Receipts data displayed on W45(1600 -qty ) and W47(4480- qty), on the same day previous horizon  is W41 and W45.This is Perfect, because in between W41 and W45, we are having  4 week horizon.

on 29/08/2012(Wednesday). Receipts data displayed on W46 (5700 - qty) and W50(1600 - qty) .But on 28/08/2012, it started on W45. Yesterday it was pushed to W46 .

On 30/08/2012 (Thursday),Receipts data displayed on W46  only(7300 -qty)). It aggregated 5700 +1600 =7300 qty.

So what i observed  is daily receipts are showing in Dynamic in nature. This is the first time we are facing .

Thanks,

Surya.