Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Original (MS office)

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I change the oringinal word file attached using the pen like buttion (change original) then

system asks for Data carrier field ( and shows the orniginal path of the file stored inthe computer.) and after pressing ok ok I am able to do the changes and save the same.

and to check the details of changes I clicked on Environment-->display changes. And I got the log details as screen shot attached.

My query is how I will be check the contents changed in the doucment by which user.

Regards

pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change in Content and its tracking is not possible without Version Management. Ya but the tracking of user is possible as mentioned in Change logs.

regards

pankajverma
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any option to control the change in content (by authorization etc...) or any other possibility...

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

yes, explore with basis guy lots of auth objects are available.

Regards

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

normally any user who can access transaction CV02N can edit the attached files. If a document info record is in locked status (status type 'S') then the files cannot be edited.

However there is no function to control or log the changed text in the Word file. Maybe this can be

achieved by the MS Word settings.

Best regards,

Christoph