Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require guidance to connect to Android Mobiles

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have followed SUP tutorials and created couple of mobile workflows and mobile applications. But I am not getting proper information on anywhere on SDN on how to make these mobile applications accessable from Real  Android mobile phones instead of Emulators.

Any advise would be much appreciated. Even a hint could be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Uday Kanike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Running a SUP mobile app on android device is nothing different from any other android app on device. You can build a .apk from your android project and install on device.  You can find more details on it in android forum.

If your question is connectng the SUP app from device to SUP using 2G/3G sim connection, then the below details would be applicable to you.

Typically in production landscape Backend,Gateway and SUP will be within corporate firewall and end user device will be in the internet. So direct connection from device to SUP may not be possible due to security issues. Hence a reverse proxy/Sybase Relay Server is used to connect from device to SUP. This sits between device and SUP and manages the secure connectivity.

Some more details on configuring relay server for use is available @ http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-23532

Regards

Rohith

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith and Sachin,

Thanks for your quick response. However, its not problem with any of the devices I am using or with user id I created on SCC. Its just that I missed the point to use public IP address said in tutorial. 

APPENDIX B – USING A PHYSICAL IOS OR ANDROID DEVICE

Important Remarks: If you are using a physical device, it needs an Internet connection that doesn’t block port 5001 and you must use the public IP Address of your server for the Dev Center image.

Thanks a lot for continuous support.

Regards

Uday