Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue inspection

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

Material is activated inspection type 02 (issue against proction order)and issue against delivery

Now when i creating a delivery order system considering 02 type as both have issue inspection

so pls tell me how i can make a setting that goods issue against production is 02 and goods issue against sales order delivery is 10

thanks in advance

AF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abu,

I simulated this scenario. Following are my observations

1. While assigning 02 and 10 inspection types in material master system throws warning message as follows

Inspection type 10 (delivery) is already active

Inspection type 10 (delivery) is already active

Message no. QA301

Diagnosis

You want to activate an inspection type that is assigned to origin 02 (goods issue). However, at least one inspection type has been activated that is assigned to a delivery-related origin (10, 11, or 12).
If you post a goods issue for delivery for this material, this can lead to two inspection lots being created.

Procedure

Ignore the warning, or deselect the activation indicator.

Hence I find this as standard functionality.

1. Inspection lot of type 10 is created before PGI (post goods issue)
  2. While inspection lot of type 02 is created after PGI
  3. So in your case system is creating inspection lot twice as above. This is standard behavior.
  4. Even if you use 12 or 11, it will have same impact.
  5. I think, you should proceed with this one and should UD 02 type lots also. There is no harm I guess even if you keep them as it is.
  6. Explore if you can use QVDM0003 exit for having some control / restriction on creating 02 inspection type lot for a certain delivery type.

Alternatively I can suggest is (possibly not so popular), can the purpose of issuing inspection be solved using 89 inspection type instead of 02. Anyhow 02 lots are stock irrelevant and are created after goods issues. So these are created only just for the sake of documentation having less control over inventory. Explore if you can deactivate 02 with 89 !  

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is true Anand, the thing is if u r procuring the material there is already an inspection with 01 type now, if the prodn process is not the IN-process type then there is no need to activate the 02 type of inspection, and if it is GRN against production then 04 type is laread assigned there.and when case is like this as ABU mentioned procured and sale then, as per my knowledge this is not as per teh scenario.

Regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abu,

Have you assigned 02 and 10 inspection types to the same material?

1. I think 02 is used for the materials that are issued to production order such as raw material.
  2. And 10 is used for the materials that you sell to your customers mostly FERT.
  3. System creates inspection lot of 02 type as soon as you issue any material against production order. (Assumption is 02 inspection type is assigned in material master)
  4. Kindly note this lot is of material that is being consumed and NOT the one that is being produced.
  5. Assignment of 10 inspection type for FERT is I think standard approach.
  6. If FERT is not going to be consumed in any production order is it required to set it with 02 inspection type?
  7. Probably you must have set 02 inspection lot origin to delivery type. If yes remove it. Check this in QCC0 > Quality inspection > Inspection lot creation > Inspection at shipping > Assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type.

Anand

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

I don't have any raw material here all are fert only,so what ever material we are purchasing that we can sell,That is the reason i was assigned 02 inspection and 10 inspection in one material,

In delivery type i was assigned 10 only

So please tell me how i can handle it as i need two type of inspection for a single material

Thanks in advance

Abu Fathima

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abu,

What is the purpose of assigning 2 inspection types here? At what stage you exactly want to inspect this material?

1. Let us say you inward material A from vendor. Here you can inspect it with inspection type 01
  2. Since the same material you are selling (I hope without further processing) then you should assign only 10 inspection type and not 02 there, if you want to inspect before dispatch.
  3. If you are processing this material after goods receipt from vendor then it should be converted in to different material code i.e. say B. Means, by consuming A, you produce B and you sell B to customer.
  4. So here A should have 01, 02 inspection types and B should have 10

Regards, Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

My dear Frnd,

See, on a single material u have assigned 02 and 10 type, now my suggestion is to use 12 against delivery.

Hi Anand,

02 is alos used during via Mvt type 601.

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi anand

my scenario i am purchasing a material A this material i may issue to the production or from store it self i may sell, so i need to activate both inspection type for a single material( 02 and 10 and of course 01 also)

hope you understand my query

regards

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

I can't remove 10, as a Global project Delivery type is assigned for inspection type 10 only,

and also were in spro we can see the control for movement type and inspection lot origin

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then only the option is to copy the Mvt type 601 as Z601 and use the same for delivery. keep 02 against consumption in MM.

Regards

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

thank for the prompt answer

can you pls tell me where is spro i can assign z601 to inspection type 10 and delivery

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Whatever mvt type u r using for Delivery just copied it , system automatically assigned the defined Inspection type.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

U may use 02 type during material issue in PP and 12 against sales order with delivery.

Its better to remove 10. Secondly, you clear us that ur production is In-Process or it is GR against finished Production.

Regards

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

so in generrally 02 and 10 cannot be assigned to a material???

In production we are using 04 type GR against the production order

abu fathima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u r using 04 against production type then w.r.t BOM ur 02 type lot will generate which is totally different from 10 type (W.r.t sales order).

regards

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct,

02 is not making any issue when we are making any 261 movment type

Now when we do the PGI against sales delivery system creating two inspection lot for inspection type 10 and other one for inspection type 02,Here i dont want 02 to trigger

Any tips pls...

Abu

former_member288351
Participant
0 Kudos

dear,

Plz try inspection type 03 (In-process insp for production order) in Master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you rephrase your question ! its not clear

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

hi sujit..sorry for the late reply

One of my material is need the inspection for issue against production and sales delivery inspection ,so i activated 02 for production order issue and 10 for sales order inspection,

After creating sales order delivery system creating two inspection  first 10 and 02 also

so how we controll by only one inspection lot at the the delivery against sales order that 10 type

Any tips pls...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can use 03 for in process inspection at the time of process order creation and 10 inspection type at the time of delivery issue.

Please remove 02 inspection type from the master.

For that, you need to maintained Master inspection characteristics in master receipe against the operation.

Regards,

sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Option is not to use 601 mvt for delivery against sales order.

Instead use a copy of this mvt.

former_member223028
Participant
0 Kudos

thansk sujit

Can you pls tell me from where we can understand that 02 inspection type is trigger from this particular movment type

abu