Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC exception text and variables not visible in SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we use PI 7.0.

We are using PI to call an RFC in an ERP system. We also implemented Exception Handling. Exceptions are raised by the function and given back correctly to XI. However I don't get the error text and variables which I get, when I perform the function manually in SE37 or call it from another ERP system. I just see the name of the exception and the text from the exception tab. How can I transfer the "real" message from the system variables (SY-MSGNO, SY-MSGV1 etc.) to XI in the RFC exception handling?

At the moment the exception is raised like this:

MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID
      TYPE SY-MSGTY
      NUMBER SY-MSGNO
      WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4
      RAISING PROCESS_ERROR.

Before that I tried

RAISE PROCESS_ERROR.

The result was the same... no error text or system variables were transferred to XI.

Best regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

did you try to create a synchronous outbound interface containing  a fault message, and your RFC with the fault message type?

Look at this picture in SAP help, both out- and inbound interface need a fault message type. By default, only synchronous outbound interfaces support a fault message.

If you then create an operation mapping for these interfaces and click on "read messages", you should get an additional tab where you can provide a fault message mapping processing the

Regards, Martin

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

you can either:

Extend the RFC and add some "real" fields to send the variables (in that case you would not get an "official" application error at PI side

or wrap the RFC into a server proxy (you call a proxy which calls the rfc locally), where you can use the standard exception type to send your values.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Udo,

thanks for your reply.

When I import the function module to SAP PI I get a request, response and exception/fault message. The structure for the fault message automatically created by the system has also fields for the message id, number and variables. Why does SAP define these fields, if they are not filled? Is there really no way to fill these fields using the RFC receiver adapter?

Best regards,

David

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

yes, your concerns are comprehensible. I tried the same once but did not come to a satifying result.

Regards,

Udo