cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAR file: Deploy to J2EE Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am ready to deploy the EAR file to the J2EE engine by right-clicking the file.

However, my concern, due to my inexperience....is there one J2EE Engine for all environments? We have an XID(DEV), XIQ(TEST), and XIP(PROD). To which of these environments is it deploying ths too? All of them?

Thank-You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

dont get confused on deployment of EAR file.........

The document which you followed to make your adapter also says deployment by SDM.........

So SDM is the recommended way to deploy your EAR in the XID system.....

So just ask your Basis guys to deploy your adapter module to XID by SDM..... SDM will deploy your EJB correctly in XID.........

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

OK, you are correct in that the document says to use SDM, or Visual Administrator Tool. Either of which I am familair with.

Our BASIS Team will need to address this. Thank-You.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you develop an EAR for later production use, you should not deploy it out of the NDWI directly. Use SDM instead.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP Netweaver Developers Studio I can right-click on the EAR file and I have an option. It says-"deploy to J2EE Engine" What happens once I do this?

Is this a two step process? Should I first deploy the EAR file for the Adapter Module using the method above in SAP Netweaver Studio, then get BAsis to do something?

Thank-You

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

See right-click on the EAR file in NWDS will not deploy your EAR file to XI system...

SDM is the recommended tool to deploy EAR files in XI...

Go to your XID system........there open SDM and by SDM deploy your EAR file...

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Development, you can deploy it from NWDS. It will give you the status in the status window . It is just a single step process.

After you are done with the development, in your next environments you should save up your EAR and use the SDM to deploy the Archive.

Regards

Bhavesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure you can deploy it with "right-click". In this case nobody would know about your EAR. And it is not possible to transport your EAR to production.

You should only deploy test files to a local J2EE, but not to an XI system, even this is possible.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

for every XID(DEV), XIQ(TEST), and XIP(PROD) you will have a separate J2EE engine......most probably you will have a separate system for each of these....so just ask your basis guys to deploy your ear file to the system you want by using SDM. first deploy your EJB on DEV - Test it then deploy it on quality and then on production.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>We have an XID(DEV), XIQ(TEST), and XIP(PROD). To which of these environments is it deploying ths too?

deploy to dev only for testing

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will it ask me <b>where</b> to deploy it too after I right-click on "deploy to J2EE Engine"?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

no, you need to log on to a proper j2ee engine

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

there is no place wher you can right-click on "deploy to J2EE Engine" on XI....you will have to logon to XI system....ask your basis guys to open its Software Deployment Manager(SDM) tool on your XID.......then locate your EAR File.......then the SDM will ask for starting deployment.......click start deployment......then SDM will deploy your EAR file... then in SDM repository you can see your EAR file.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom,

Just right click and say deploy. Then it prompts you with another screen where it asks for the hostname and port. There you specify your XI host and port no. If you want to deploy in DEV give dev's host and port. If in QA then give QA etc. As michal suggested dont deploy directly in QA or Prod. Just do it in DEV and then do some testing and once if you are satisfied then go and ahead and deploy in the rest.

...Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

This is what I was hoping would occur. I can deploy from SAP Netweaver Developers Studio and it will ask me where I want to deploy to.

This makes sense......Thank-You.