cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GDS roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to create Data Modeler and Business User roles in SAP GDS.

Is there any standard role available for these users?

Do we have any other role or User getting created in GDS apart from Admin?

If at all we need to create roles newly is there any standard template available for that?

Thanks,
Thamizharasi N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

There are three standard roles in GDS system which cannot be deleted or Edited:

• Admin 
  • Everyone

Role Management has to be done in GDS Console under Role Management.

You can follow below link which will provide you the details on how to create roles in GDS system:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gds10/helpdata/en/45/1200af46264574e10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Kindly let me know in case of any other queries.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am aware that these roles are there. What I wanted to know is, Is there really any standard procedure or a methodology that is available? The Business User is asking for that.

Thanks,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to get your point. Procedure is listed in the reference guide like how you add roles and users in the system. What kind of methodology are you looking at? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know is there any standard set of features like, only these tables,only these admin activities that a user have to do, etc,.

Thanks,

Thamizharasi N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizharasi,

I am not sure if i am aware of any such thing. I am aware of adding roles etc through GDS Console only and you need to baseline the steps our of those mentioned in the link as per your requirement to perform functions.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj