cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to choose a material for a sales area while creating a sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I am getting the below error while trying to create a sales order:

Material KF-03 is not defined for sales org.1020,  distr.chan.20,  language DE

What do i need to do and how can I choose the material for the sales area and language, how is it material linked to sales area?

Regards,

Niloufer Akula

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member216765
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to extend the material to Sales Org 1020, Dist channel 20 and respective plant.

Go to MM01, Mention KF-03 in material number sales Org- 1021 and distribution channel-20, plant(Respective maintained) and KF-03 in copy from field, Hit enter maintain other relevant data and Save. System will the extend the material to the Sales Area in which you are performing the transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fisrt you need to check the material for which sales org and distribution channel it was maintained.

then afetr you nedd to extend the material. Goto MM01 here you need to enter the material  KF-03 and also enter below reference matial  KF-03 then enter and save.

now you can create the sales order.

Thanks & Regards

Shankar Rao

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

such question was asked many times...please search the forums.

you simply need to extend your existing material - run MM01, type the material number KF-03, hit on Select Views, highlight the Sales:Sales Org. Data 1 and Data 2, hit Enter and extend it.

Regarding the Language please goto Additional data - Descriptions and enter the language key and material description you're after.

Save it.

Open a new session and try to create your sales order again.

regards,