cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.1 Web UI Mandatory Data Fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings!

We made a number of the data fields on the SM_CRM Web UI screen for Incidents/Problems/RfCs/Normal Changes etc mandatory to ensure the data would be entered. This made the data fields highlighted in red and with appropriate error messages displayed but in testing we discovered that despite all the red highlights and errors, the message could still be saved even if the data fields were left empty. Additionally, a follow-up document could be created that automatically copied the empty data into the next message, generating again highlighted fields/error messages which could, again, be bypassed. Is there any configuration or consistency check available for mandatory data entry?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Maraijko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks Diana! The parameter in that note worked perfectly.

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

maybe the following documents can help you:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28720

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28821

Best Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph!

Both links were to the issue I'm trying to fix. I'll try to implement one or both and update results.

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

you were not mentioned how did you controlling the manditary fields,

we can attain this by own custom methods. i hope so you are having it, just try to execute the method with the Badi ORDER_SAVE.This could help you to check empty fiedls everytime before you save.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried to put any control to the mandatory fields. We just checked the 'Mandatory' box on the data field in BSP screen configuration. I hoped that being designated as mandatory, I wouldn't be able to save a message or create a follow-up document from the message.

I( will check the BAdi to see if that will serve.

Thanks!

Paul