cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tables in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with the following please.

I want to output data on a smartform in a table with a border. I cannot seem to get it to work eg. I need 3 columns and just two rows. 1 header + 1 line.

Col Heading 1 Col Heading 2 Col Heading 3

Data Data data

any help would be most welcome. thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need FIXED rows and columns, you should use a template node instead of a table node.

A table node is meant for loop over a table (hence the name) and thus can vary in number of rows (from 1 to many).

Below the template you create for each cell (colum header text or column value) the text node and assign the column and row number in tabview "Output options".

If you use a table, you create the text node as well and flag on/off the

[New line], [New cell] and/or [Skill cells] (you enter a number of cells to be skipped according to your logic) in tabview "Output options".

I hope this information helps you

Former Member
0 Kudos

And if you want to have certain border lines (not sure whether this is your problem), look at the table pattern in your

table node or template node. Choose ""Select pattern".

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yo may like to declare a template in the smartform with three column and 2 rowa as template is an static object and completely handled programatically you can display only as many rows as you like to.....even if internal table has 5 rowa and you want to diaplay only two it can do that.

Also the header can be used here as it is static and each cell need to be explicitly defined so you can pass constant value too.

Welcome To SDN

Regards,

Amit

Reward all helpful replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you all for taking the time to answer. This has solved my dilemma.

Many many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DK,

Are you familiar with the line type concept in smartforms, if yes, then define a line type with three columns. Then in your driver program, create an internal table with three columns, first line has the header entries and second the data. Then in your smartform loop at then internal table (attach the line type to the table).

Shouldnt this work ?!?1

Regards,

Aditya