Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pack/UnPack setup in POD maintenance ME60

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can you guide me how to setup the Pack/Unpack activity into the POD maintenance in ME6.0, I created a POD named PACK and configured the PK020 as the default Plug-in, but when I tried to open this POD, it seems the Pack/Unpack window doesn't show as expected. See the attachments for two screenshots.

Is there anything I missed in configuration?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Leon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Leon,

The activity PK020 is not of WPMF Plug-In type, it is GUI jsp. So configuring it as a WPMF Plug-In in POD is not valid.

However, you should specify it in some POD layout to run then from POD button.

Regards,

Alex.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Alex -  in ME 52/51, we can configure the activity PK020 as Plug-in in POD maintenance, and then when we open the Pack POD, the PK020 is default plugged into the window:

In ME6.0, I can configure a button and call the PK020 activity, but then it is a popped out window, not the plugged in window, and also the operation and resource are not able to be specified when packing the SFC into container, the transactions like START/COMPLETE of the SFCs are not performed at the operation/resources.

Please let me know whether this is the default behavior.

Best regards,

Leon

0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

WPMF Plug-Ins have been introduced in ME 6.0. Since PK020 is not WPMF Plug-In type, I do not see a bug here and would say it is a default behavior.

Br,

Alex.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Alex -

The bellow context is described in the SAP ME60 online hep, it seems it is possible to configure it as the plug-in of a POD window.

The Pack/Unpack activity can be set up to run standalone or as a plug-in into the production operator dashboard (see Pack/Unpack and Production Operator Dashboard (POD)).

But I didn't find any more details on how to configure this, would be great if you guide me how to do this.

Best regards,

Leon

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Leon,

PK020 activity has not been converted to WPMF yet and therefore it cannot be used as POD plugin. It's launched in a new popup window - that's what you currently observe in your system. It is planned to convert old JSP activities to WPMF but currently there is no commitment on SP/patch when this will be done.

Regards,

Konstantin

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Konstantin - OK, I also wanted to know how the operation and resource are able to be specified with this activity, I need create the Packing related operation in the routing, and then when SFC is added into container and closed, I can search the START/COMPLETE transactions in the activity report with this report. I am pretty sure this is the current behavior of ME5.1 and ME5.2.

0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

Could you please share a screenshot from 5.1 or 5.2, which would illustrate what you expect to find/have in 6.0 ?

Regards,

Alex.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex - I expect two points with this topic:

1. PK020 activity plug-in into POD window in ME6.0;

2. I think the default PK020 activity doesn't specify the operation and resource, that means the SFC which is not in-queue of the Packing operation is still able to be packed into container number; What we want to see is, we defined an operation for the Packing activity in the router, when user is doing the packing activity with PK020 activity, SFC which is only in-queue at Packing operation is added into container number and when the container number is closed, the START/COMPLETE action codes against the SFC @Packing operation and resource can be logged.

Please let me know whether you want to see the screenshot for item 1 or item 2.

Thanks and regards,

Leon

0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

1. As Konstantin and I mentioned above this activity is not converted to WPMF yet.

2. Please, check out ALLOW_INQUE_SFC, ALLOW_ACTIVE_SFC and ALLOW_DONE_SFC PK020 Activity Rules. They may help you to control what SFCs can be packed.

Regards,

Alex.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I am more willing to see that the Pack/Unpack can be as used as normal POD to log the operation and resource which I have configured or selected in the POD, when the SFC is packed into container number, and then I can track the SFC's operation START/COMPLETE transactions in the activity log report; in ME6.0, I don't know how to make it work, but in ME51/52, I am pretty sure this can be configured very simple.

Best regards,

Leon