cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack generation for BI upgrade 7.0 to 7.01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am approaching a 2phase upgrade in my Bi system. my source release is 7.0, as I have two erp components (SEM-BW & FINBASIS) I am forced to upgrade my 7.0 system to 7.01 then to 7.31. When I am trying to generate the stack for EHP1 7.0 in my solution manager 7.1, I am getting error "ACP SAP_BS_FND701 does not match any software component version" in the phase "Select OS/DB depedent file". can I proceed with stack generation or I need to fix it first.

Waiting for your suggestions

Thanks,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you'll encounter error during upgrade extraction process where it'll complain missing SPs and etc. If i not mistaken, you need to assign your BI system as ECC if it contains ECC components. I can't trace back the SNOTE that talk about it. Perhaps you can search in service.sap.com.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

I am trying to upgrade my BI 7.0 to 7.31. What I confirmed from SAP is if the target is 7.31 then we need to upgrade it to 7.01 and then to 7.31 as I have  ERP components in my BI system and also it is a dual stack system.

My concernwhen I trying to generate stack it is showing

EHP Component SEM-BW 603  and FINBASIS without suitable Technical Usage! even though I am moving forward with this error I am getting error ACP SAP_BS_FND701 does not match any software component version .

When I ask SAP about this compnet they are saying this component need to be their in you source release id you will generate the stack please generate for this component also.

Now I am struggling to generate the stack.xml. How should I configure the NW BI system in my SMSY.

I also have check sapnote 1326576.. But still not getting the clear picture.

Regards,

Satyabrat

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If SAP confirmed that you need to update your BI7 to 701, you need to follow scenario2 in note 1326576:

Scenario 2 (NW 7.0 EHP 1):

If you operate a Netweaver system that contains at least one ERP  software component (ERECRUIT, SEM-BW, FINBASIS or LSOFE), you must not  use a stack XML file created for a SAP ERP system. Instead, you have to  use a stack XML file for SAP NetWeaver systems. The EHP4 packages for  the ERP software components have to be added manually in phase IS_SELECT.

Thanks,

Nicholas chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nicholas,

But When I am trying to generate stack,xml for my Bi system it showing error "

ACP SAP_BS_FND701 does not match any software component version

"

How to proceed now. Kindly suggest

Regards,

Satyabrat

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Read Note 1326576 and follow the scenario 2. Ensure the instruction is clearly followed:

Scenario 2 (NW 7.0 EHP 1):

If you operate a Netweaver system that contains at least one ERP  software component (ERECRUIT, SEM-BW, FINBASIS or LSOFE), you must not  use a stack XML file created for a SAP ERP system. Instead, you have to  use a stack XML file for SAP NetWeaver systems. The EHP4 packages for  the ERP software components have to be added manually in phase IS_SELECT. Generating the Stack XML File

First of all, create a stack XML file for NetWeaver systems. This can be done either via the SAP Service Marketplace or in the Maintenance Optimizer of your SAP Solution Manager.

Providing the EHP4 Packages for the ERP Software Components

Depending on the currently installed releases of the ERP software  components in your NetWeaver system, you need the following upgrade packages to perform the upgrade to the EHP4 release 6.04:

Component Release 600 or 602 Release 603
ERECRUIT SAPK-604BGINERECRUIT SAPK-604BGINERECRUIT

SAPK-603DIINERECRUIT
LSOFE SAPK-604BGINLSOFE SAPK-604BGINLSOFE

SAPK-603DIINLSOFE
FINBASIS SAPK-604BGINFINBASIS SAPK-604BGINFINBASIS

SAPK-603DIINFINBASIS
SEM-BW SAPK-604BGINSEMBW SAPK-604BGINSEMBW

SAPK-603DIINSEMBW

Furthermore, the following upgrade package is required to fulfill the import conditions:

SAP_BS_FND: SAPK-701BGINSAPBSFND

The previously mentioned packages can be obtained via two different ways:

1. Open the URL http://service.sap.com/swdc and choose "Search for all Categories" from the navigation panel on the left. Use the previously mentioned technical package names as search terms. Click on the search result and download the software package.
    2. Download the Add-On Supplement DVD (material number: 51033594) from  the SAP Service Marketplace and copy the previously mentioned packages from this DVD.

Including the Packages for the ERP Software Components

Make sure that the latest SPAM/SAINT version is installed in your  system. In order to avoid known problems during the queue calculation  you need at least SPAM/SAINT version 0035 and the correction of the SAP  note 1347387 (this correction is included in higher SPAM/SAINT versions).
Before you start the SUM, compress all previously mentioned packages to directory <DIR_EPS_ROOT>/in. Make sure that directory <DIR_EPS_ROOT>/in contains no other packages for the ERP software components.

In phase IS_SELECT, select the upgrade type for the ERP software components that are present in your NetWeaver system:

• ERECRUIT: "Upgrade with SAINT Package"
  • LSOFE:  "Upgrade with SAINT Package"
  • FINBASIS: "Upgrade with SAINT Package"
  • SEM-BW:  "Upgrade with SAINT Package"

You can add additional support packages for the ERP software components  in phase BIND_PATCH. Make sure that the support package levels of the  ERP software components are equivalent to the support package levels of the NetWeaver software components

Cheers,

Nicholas chang

ujval_razdan3
Explorer
0 Kudos

SAP note 1326576 fixed our problem. We had to choose product assignment  "EHP4 for ERP 6.0/ NW 7.01".