cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP Upgrade in BI vs EHP upgrade in ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am planning to upgrade my BI system which is of version 7.0 and the target will be EHP1 -7.3. I have upgraded my ECC system to EHP5. My concern is what are the extra activity need to be taken care in comparison to ECC.

As I understand if we are going for a system copy there are many prerequisite  and post actions need to be done in BI in comparison to ECC so I am expecting there must be manything those need to be taken care before and after EHP upgrade or version upgrade in BI NW system.

Also I would like to know from DB upgrade aspects. My database is DB2 and also I have to upgrade the database in my Bi NW system.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the BW Landscape copy instructions as mentioned in the Note 886102.

In addition, check the Netweaver 7.31 Upgrade Master guide and component upgrade guide at http://service.sap.com/instguides. These would contain steps for general upgrade as well as steps specific to BW marked in the guide.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I can see the technical  things those need to be done..my concern is from BW aspects..is there any thing need to be done as far as flat tables..process chains...broadcasting setting etc...

Regards,

Satyabrat