cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transaction instance is not running its going into pending status .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Transaction is going into pending status , after triggering the scheduler manually once it goes immediately into Pending status.

Thanks
Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do the log files say?  It sounds like it is stuck in a loop or error condition and not finishing its processing.  Please also provide which version, SP and build of the MII installation and also the NW version and SP.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike for the reply ,

we are SAP Netweaver CE - 711 SP 5 ,

SAPMII   -  12.1

transaction log doesn't have no info , scheduler is directly going into pending status .

Thanks
Amar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

More questions:

• What SP and build is your MII installation? 
  • Does this happen with all scheduled jobs or just the one? 
  • Does it only happen when manually starting it?
  • What level of logging do you have turned on?
  • Can you run the transaction from the workbench successfully?  If not, then fix it in the workbench first before scheduling.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • What SP and build is your MII installation?

12.1 SP 8 build 36

• Does this happen with all scheduled jobs or just the one?

yes only with asynchronous calls

• Does it only happen when manually starting it?

No , scheduled jobs also does same .

• What level of logging do you have turned on?

Logging is set to - Info  as of now

• Can you run the transaction from the workbench successfully?  If not, then fix it in the workbench first before scheduling.

Yes

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So only transactions which have an asynchronous call have the problem...

Generally, I have only used Asynchronous Calls for recording information not relevant to successful processing.  And usually only if performance needs to be improved.  The main function path was always synchronous for my needs. 

What are you calling with the asynchronous call?  What does it do? 

Remember when a scheduled job is run, it executes from the Server.  When you run it from the workbench it is local to your machine.  Are any of your url or DNS type references local to your machine?

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm suspecting  BATCH_JOBBATCH_JOBfalse lock argument is causing the issue ,

Asynchronous calls are to ECC as per functional  requirement to improve the performance.

Thanks

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pending issue is going off when we remove the lock BATCH_JOBBATCH_JOBfalse  , but the schedulers are going back dated instead of schedule runtime .

Thanks
Amar

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Can you provide the transaction itself?  Or perhaps a lot more detail in what you are trying to do with ECC? 

Regards, Mike

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

More questions:

• How much data is being processed by these transactions?  I know I should have asked that first when you mentioned performance improvements by using Asynchronous Calls.
  • Or is the ECC system limited in resources (server sizing)? 
  • How are you connecting to ECC?  Is it RFC, Web Service, PI/IDocs, or something else?
  • How long does the transaction take to run in the Workbench? 
  • What is the main function of the transactions?  Are you sending manufacturing data to ECC or retrieving transactional data (Orders, Inspection Lots, Batch information, etc.)? 

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos
  • How much data is being processed by these transactions?  I know I should have asked that first when you mentioned performance improvements by using Asynchronous Calls.

DATA volume is high - The maximum amount of data processed is 104 MB and minimum is 1KB.

• Or is the ECC system limited in resources (server sizing)?
  • How are you connecting to ECC?  Is it RFC, Web Service, PI/IDocs, or something else? - Schedulers are connected via RFC.
  • How long does the transaction take to run in the Workbench? - A set of asynchronous transactions will complete in a maximum time of 6 minutes all together.
  • What is the main function of the transactions?  Are you sending manufacturing data to ECC or retrieving transactional data (Orders, Inspection Lots, Batch information, etc.)? - retrieving transactional data from ECC
agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of data are you moving and is it going to ECC or coming from ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is coming from ECC.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I do not seem to be getting much information on your situation from your responses.  Can you provide some details of what you are doing?

There are probably things that can be done to improve the JVM config or the thread count, but I usually recommend working on reducing the large data volume first.

Regards, Mike

lawrence_prinsloo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

it seems there wasn't a resolution to this, but I've got a similar problem.

If I look at the help notes:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii122sp04/helpdata/en/4c/976b96c14d60c3e10000000a15822d/content.htm

Pending

The scheduler processes all jobs with a status of Pending that have reached their next runtime.

I've got the Pending status for all jobs, but two of the jobs run every 24 hours.  The other does run 2-3 times within a minute but should be fine in terms of having finished prior to the next run.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.