cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer calendar requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client wants add-on table to have the customer calendar  than using the SAP standard calendar.It should behave like the SAP STD calendar only.Not sure whether its feasible to develop.If yes pls suggest and also help to understand impact of the change in functionality on other module / sub-module.

Thanks in advance

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

There is no 'SAP standard calendar', there are MANY SAP standard calendars.  There are multiple 'factory calendars', there are multiple 'planning calendars', there are multiple 'financial calendars'.  There are probably more calendar types as well....   A single calendar type in SAP can support dozens of business processes.

The answer to your question, then, depends upon the exact functionality requested by your client.

I have seen a custom calendar developed for a specific enhancement, which affected a single business process.  The development effort for this, including the creation of the code to manage the calendar, was several weeks.  This is the simplest scenario you can expect.

Before I would embark on such a solution, I would first question the client in detail exactly what business problem(s) he wants to solve, and then first research whether standard solutions could be made to meet his business requirements.  If the custom calendar is to support more than a couple of business processes, he had better have a large bank account ready to pay the consulting invoices.

Best Regards,

DB49