Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection Method QM

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In a existing plan Inspection Method is assigned to inspection Plan. At the time of result recording from QA32 while I click on "Inspection Method" button I get "Display Long Text" where inspection method is described. How to declare this long text in Inspection Method so that I can get in QA32 (Result Recording)? I need to create a new Method with long text or I would change the long text of the existing Method.

Regards,

Neel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best way is to make the changes in QS33 -->long text & then add the method again in Inspection plan ,so that everytime it will be available for same inspection plan when you are doing UD.

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. it has worked properly.

Can you tell me If I assign number range to inspection Method how will it help me to make my process better....

Neel

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

why do you want to assign number range to inspection method. can you tell me what is your exact requirement.

ny if the long text issue has been solved u can award point for the same.

Regards,

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Its better to keep it manual number range assignment, no need to change the or create the new number range it will never help u in any concern.

Regards

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

From my experience I always recommend to use internal number range assignment. Otherwise people tend to put logic/information (like the validity, or the inspection type, or...)  into the key, which should not be the case. A key should just be a key and must not contain any information.

Regards

MH

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my project number range is mandatory for Inspection Method.

Regards,

NKB

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Where I can see inspection method number? from which transaction?

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check QS31 to QS38.

The respective entry in customizing to make the settings: "Inspection Characteristic, Inspection Method" - "Define number range".

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin

Regards,

Neel

former_member750380
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neel,

Their is no requirement for creating new inspection method. go to QS32--> select the inspection method in which u want to add the long text, at the right side of short text field tab for CHANGE LONG TEXT IS PRESENT. click on the same and add text you to get displayed during result recording. addition of new  text will also be updated in already created lots.

Regards,

MR

former_member369043
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukesh,

Neel