cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning Message - Change Batch Status to -restricted- based on the usage decision

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone please tell me if they have experenced the warning message when completing a UD with a reject status from QE51N.  The material quantity is getting transferred to Block Stock like it is suppose to but when I try to move it out of Block Stock via MIGO movement 343 (Block Stock to Unrestricted) it will not let me. It gives me another error telling me Deficit of BA Ret.blocked prev 288 EA. This started happening once we completed doing a new Service pack upgrade on our system.  Thanks for your help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure ,but while doing UD & stock posting ( as per first screen shot) ,does stock moved into block stock ? & what was status of the batch in MSC2n.?

It might be possible that stock has moved into block stock or anywhere else ,but batch still n restricted.

former_member626955
Participant
0 Kudos

Sujit

Yes the stock does move into Block stock and yes you are correct the Batch does show that the status is batch -restricted- based on the usage decision.  What I don't understand though is that this was not here before we completed the SAP upgrade on our system.  So the question is how can I get this to go away or automatically select the Unrestricted option instead of Batch Restricted? Is there a configuration setting that will fix this?  Below are some other comments on what is happening when processing the Lot using QE51N.  See other screen shots below.

Notice the warning message that I get now at the bottom of the picture when I select a UD and process the Lot.  The message tells me "Change batch status to restricted based on usage decision".  This is a new message that now pops up. The next screen shot below shows the catalog selected set that is configured for each Usage Decision selection.

This pictue shows the setup for the selected set when dispositioning the lot. In this case I selected RWRK when processing the lot.  I'm not sure why I would have to change any of these configuration setting if everything worked perfectly before?  Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darrin ,

Infact this is privilage provided by SAP that Batch status & Stock to be posted are treasted differently.

Logically when the lot stock is rejected then status should remain in restricted ,I think everything is happeing as per the customization screen  shots that you have shown.

remember "block the batch status " means puting batch into "restricted" ,hence same bacth atock can not be seen in MMBE.