cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.11 Sender FTP Adapter - Limit polling older files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a little question about des Sender FTP Adapter.

Following scenario:

I have to poll files from a ftp server. There is one file every day uploaded (in ever file are specific informations for a day). It could happen that the file provider detect some error in the files and upload new corrected files.

file name is like: *******2012-05-11.xml  (Creation Date could be 2012-07-12)

I have only the possibility to read the files with "Test". No archiving and deleting (because the files will be needed by other processes or customers)

I need the information from the file to write it in a database.

I have already implemented the scenario and checked in SQL statement creation that the file creation date ist not older than 5 days. This is to reduce the sql statements in the database.

The problem is that i have to poll every day all files and than filter the new informations. The problems are comming when i have to poll more folders and the year is going to end and more files would be produced on the ftp server.

Is there any solution to manipulate the ftp adapter to only poll files not older than 5 days?

many thanks

Micha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Micha,

should be possible with an adapter module where you access ASMA header parameter SourceFileTimeStamp.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Udo,

do you mean to write some own adapter module or to use one of the standard deliverd by SAP?

many thanks

Micha

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Micha,

i mean to develop an own. I dont think that you ll find that behaviour in SAP delivered modules.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Micha!

Not sure if you can check this information while polling, but you could try:

- If possible to rename files, after PI process it you can have an OS command to rename. Add something like "read_", and exclude this from File adapter;

- Also, you can check the filename during the mapping and parse the name with the date. If it is older than X, then discard the information.

Hope it helps!

BR,

Lucas Santos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lucas,

thanks for your awnser

- i am not allowed to change any files

- luckily i have the creation time information in the message payload but that doesent help me to avoid polling all files

regards

Micha