Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW BPM Features

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what installation options would recommend to a customer who is going to use PI as an integration broker, but does not have defined all interfaces / message flows? (the normal situation..)

i m referring Nageshwar's blog Differences between ccBPM(Integration Process) and NW BPM

We can either recommend Process Orchestration - PI Java only (AEX) and Netweaver BPM with

+ performance

+ less installation time

+ less hosting costs

+ long support

-  missing EOIO

-  missing support for attachments

-  missing support for acknowledgments

or a double stack installation with ccBPM

+ support of EOIO, attachments, acknowledgments

+ only one central place of colaboration knowledge

- running out of support

- performance

- costs

Especially missing support for acknowledgments is making me headake. In my working experience it was a frequently requested requirement. Does anybody hear about plans of SAP to extend BPM correspondingly?

Please provide me your ideas, each answer is very welcome

Udo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At this moment, I would still recommend to go for dual stack option. The main reasons are

a) support of acknolwedgement.

b) No need to modify existing ccBPM interfaces with new BPM methodology.

c) For better perfomance still you can choose Advanced adapter engine for required/selected interfaces.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

If it is a new PI implementation I would definitely go with PO 7.31. As far as the missing features, we can easily add custom solutions. In addition,I believe, SAP will definitely add the missing features in upcoming releases. I am currently handling a completely new implementation and I totally believe PO 7.31 is the way to go. We are gGOING with PO 7.31 versus PI 7.3 dual stack.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nageshwar (is that your given name?),

thanks a lot for your answer

As far as the missing features, we can easily add custom solutions

So, do you have any - let's say - creativ solutions, if a sophisticated message flow (BPM) requires use of acknowledgments (or attachments or eoio)? It would be very helpful to publish workarounds for those lacks. NW BPM is new for me (and the most of users of this forum), so we don't have such a wide pool of articles, blogs and discussions for all daily challenges.

In addition,I believe, SAP will definitely add the missing features in upcoming releases.

Do you know about any concrete planning here?

Best Regards and thanks for sharing your experiences,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will do the shortcomings using this feature

missing EOIO: Can be done using modelling with BPM

Attachment: Either using ECM (content mgmt) or java coding thru webdynpro.

Acknowledgements: Not sure what is meant.

Definately go for PO 7.3.1.

Thanks

Manish

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes. My name is Nageshwar. .

Hi Nageshwar (is that your given name?),

I am yet to find workaround solutions. Whenever i spend time on those areas, i will try to share that with the community.

So, do you have any - let's say - creativ solutions, if a sophisticated message flow (BPM) requires use of acknowledgments (or attachments or eoio)? It would be very helpful to publish workarounds for those lacks. NW BPM is new for me (and the most of users of this forum), so we don't have such a wide pool of articles, blogs and discussions for all daily challenges.

I do not have any specific information. That is my best guess...

Do you know about any concrete planning here? 

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

If it is new implementation then My preference would be PI- AEX , you want NW BPM or not depends on complex integration scenarios,  you can chose only PI instalation with JAVA stack(without BPM) .

Regards,

Raj